Slotting Injection

Yomo Kimyata

I recently respecced one of my brutes to add Aid Self, and I’m looking at Injection instead of Aid Other as a prerequisite.  I rarely/ever see this in posted builds.  

It looks like it could be useful for procs, Cloud Senses, the Slow smashing damage, maybe some other to hit debuffs.

Does anyone use this power on enemies and if so how would you slot it?  Assume up to 6 slots.

Who run Bartertown?

I think most people may still be unaware that Injection works on mobs now since it was changed in I24 from Stimulant TBH.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

It's a fantastic proc power if you can avoid slotting it with recharge. Left alone, it will provide a 87% probability to proc a 3.5 PPM IO. The downside is the fact it takes forever to cast (~3sec). Also, it might he a bug, but it shows that it can take Slow IO sets on Mids Reborn. If that is true, then you can slot 2 damage procs, and 2 -rech debuff procs (also a recovery debuff and a tohit buff procs are available).

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

39 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It's a fantastic proc power if you can avoid slotting it with recharge. Left alone, it will provide a 87% probability to proc a 3.5 PPM IO. The downside is the fact it takes forever to cast (~3sec). Also, it might he a bug, but it shows that it can take Slow IO sets on Mids Reborn. If that is true, then you can slot 2 damage procs, and 2 -rech debuff procs (also a recovery debuff and a tohit buff procs are available).

It can take Slow sets in game.  I’ve only been running with it for and evening, but I haven’t noticed it proccing; when I get a chance I’ll check the logs.

Who run Bartertown?

29 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

It can take Slow sets in game.  I’ve only been running with it for and evening, but I haven’t noticed it proccing; when I get a chance I’ll check the logs.

If that's the case, I would definitely 2 slot it for the damage procs. If you can afford it, do the recharge debuff procs as well (combined I believe the procs add -45% recharge for 20 seconds, -75% is the cap). If you want to 6 slot it, then use the last 2 to improve the tohit debuff and possibly the endurance/accuracy.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I was initially leaning towards the two damage procs, and then the accuracy/slow from Impeded Swiftness and the accuracy/to hit debuff from Cloud Senses.  I'm running at +4 and maybe one of the reasons I'm not seeing the procs is because I'm missing a lot.  Again, I'll need to check the logs.  Also, there is a smidgen of resist damage for the set bonuses.

I like the idea of stacking -recharge, but I imagine that any fight that would take long enough for that to come into play, i.e., AV or GM, would also involve massive reduce recharge resistance?

Who run Bartertown?