HELP! .Net Framework 3.5 Screws Everything Up.

jamezilla1986

I've tried both the direct download of tequila and the Torrent version, but both claim to need .Net Framework 3.5 before proceeding. The problem is that it never downloads. I even went to Microsoft directly and downloaded it from their site, but it still couldn't download, which makes no sense. Can anyone help? I've attached my specs, if that helps.

Specs.png

Edited by jamezilla1986

If you have your Windows 8.1 install disc or USB handy, you can try this in an elevated command prompt.

Press Start, then type "cmd", and hold CTRL+SHIFT before pressing Enter.  Windows will ask for an admin password or just permission if you're an admin.

Once done, type the following, replacing "x:" with your install disc drive or USB drive letter:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:x:\sources\sxs

You should see a progress bar, and when it's done, .NET 3.5 should be all set. 🙂

image.thumb.png.34f75876aa513509afa3cd68ecd45295.png

Edited by Tahquitz
Visuals!

Inactive account.

Afraid not.  Without .NET 3.5 Tequila is going to have problems.  It's a dependency.

This isn't the only method to install .NET, but it is the fastest to get you going.  Takes 3-5 minutes instead of 30 minutes-hours.

Edited by Tahquitz

Inactive account.

Have a PC at work that has this issue that I need to install .Net3.5 to get an ESI App running but have not had any luck, even with this. Add / Remove Windows Features has a box for it but apparently the actual Binary is missing. I'll have to do some digging and see If I can find the CDs for it. Don't under stand why they don't have the binary available as a download instead of a bunch of bugged installers, that would make it just a Command Prompt action.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

It is selectable in Windows Features but when it goes to activate it it fails, the files available on the PC won't work for mine or don't exist on the PC. Have tried downloading the Installer and it fails. I thought I would try the method Tahquitz showed but it also failed ( I don't have the discs for this particular PC ). So I looked for just the Binary, no luck, everything so far is an installer that looks to Windows Update, then fails to install.

Looked at the DISM log and it is failing ( both Tahquitz or Download method ) because it cannot find the specified files. No clue why.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

6 hours ago, Marine X said:

It is selectable in Windows Features but when it goes to activate it it fails, the files available on the PC won't work for mine or don't exist on the PC. Have tried downloading the Installer and it fails. I thought I would try the method Tahquitz showed but it also failed ( I don't have the discs for this particular PC ). So I looked for just the Binary, no luck, everything so far is an installer that looks to Windows Update, then fails to install.

Looked at the DISM log and it is failing ( both Tahquitz or Download method ) because it cannot find the specified files. No clue why.

You have a damage Windows install then.

I'll give you three guesses as to what needs to happen to rectify that.

And the first two don't count...

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, jamezilla1986 said:

According to my computer I have a more recent version of .net, shouldn't that work?

Oddly enough, no. Each version adds different things, but Requires its predecessor (from the way I understand it), so you Do have to install them in sequence. Like HS said, it should be done through the Add/Remove when redoing it and then going to the Windows Downloads page. Granted, I don't see why WU won't pull it down on its own, but it's slower.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

10 hours ago, Marine X said:

Doesn't matter.  If you have a Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 install USB (can be made online for free from Microsoft's own support pages) the command will work.  (Visit here, and click "Download Tool Now" to make a USB drive.)

However, it's not the fast answer anymore if you need to download a 4GB ISO to make into a USB Drive just to get NET Framework installed.  If your connection speed isn't that great, it's no different than the Online Installer, really.

Edited by Tahquitz

Inactive account.