second account

OneBud

I tried to set up a second account so my wife and I could play together.  The new account name and password gets me into this forum, but the game says either account name or password is incorrect.

Wild guess:  Is the original account & password in the program as installed in my laptop?

Yup.  One game account per one forum account.  (Being both are free, not a huge deal.)  Your wife would use her forum account to make a new game account password.  Yours is just for you.

Keep a good forum account password on both accounts, as the forum account can change the game account password at any time, even if you don't have the current game account password.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

Maybe I worded this in a confusing way.

How do I create a second account for my wife?  Do I have to ALSO download a second copy of Home Coming because my original account name and password are stored somewhere in the program I downloaded a few months ago?

Should I have first downloaded another copy of Homecoming BEFORE creating the new account?

Is there a place on line (in this forum maybe?) that has the instructions so I can print them out and follow step-by-step?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by OneBud
incomplete

7 minutes ago, OneBud said:

Maybe I worded this in a confusing way.

How do I create a second account for my wife?  Do I have to ALSO download a second copy of Home Coming because my original account name and password are stored somewhere in the program I downloaded a few months ago?

Should I have first downloaded another copy of Homecoming BEFORE creating the new account?

Is there a place on line (in this forum maybe?) that has the instructions so I can print them out and follow step-by-step?

Thanks for your help.

Follow this link and create a 2nd game account for your wife.  Game accounts and forums accounts are separate things...

More specifically:
- Log out of your Forum Account.

- THEN create the Game Account for her.  

From there, the two separate Game Accounts can both be logged in to from the same computer without any additional downloads or installations.  They can even be logged in to at the same time.

You do not need to download a second copy of the game on your computer. To switch accounts, simply go back to the game's log in screen and enter the second account's log in and password.

If you want to run both accounts at the same time on one computer, just get one account logged in and then go back to the Homecoming window and click to log in again. It brings up a second instance of the game. And then log into that with the other account info. In game, just alt-tab to switch back and forth between games. (Depending on your system, multiple instances of the game running simultaneously can get a little choppy.)