Base Teleport Beacons for PvP Zones

Void

Pretty self explanatory. Would it be possible for PvP zone beacons to be added for the bases? I know it's only a mild inconvenience at most to get to the PvP zones but it would still be a nice QoL addition.  

• Like 2

I actually thought they used to exist. I had to go look it up to make sure that it didn't.  The only thing that might be a little tricky is where the beacons should land you in the zones.  My first thought was the beacons should go to the faction bases where you normally zone in, with different beacons for heroes and villains existing. BUT, we can have both in the same supergroup and items aren't limited anyway. Which means if a hero used a pvp zone "villain" beacon they'd be landing behind enemy lines, sorta, unless it could be alignment locked (which might be a huge amount of hassle). So alternately if there was just 1 beacon for the zone and it dumped you somewhere in the middle of the zone it could still be a spot people had under surveillance and ganked people using them.

So, I think this might end up being really complicated to do. But what about secondary beacons for the zones that have the PVP entrances/helicopters, and the beacons land you top of them?  

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Beacons can already be "choosy" based on which zone they send a player to.  While it's not the same thing, they might be able to "hijack" that choosiness to send users to the appropriate base.
Otherwise, I believe that exit spawn locations can be multiple and random, with Ouroboros-to-Atlas as an example.  That might be a good fix if the former implementation isn't feasible.

4 hours ago, Erydanus said:

I actually thought they used to exist. I had to go look it up to make sure that it didn't.  The only thing that might be a little tricky is where the beacons should land you in the zones.  My first thought was the beacons should go to the faction bases where you normally zone in, with different beacons for heroes and villains existing. BUT, we can have both in the same supergroup and items aren't limited anyway. Which means if a hero used a pvp zone "villain" beacon they'd be landing behind enemy lines, sorta, unless it could be alignment locked (which might be a huge amount of hassle). So alternately if there was just 1 beacon for the zone and it dumped you somewhere in the middle of the zone it could still be a spot people had under surveillance and ganked people using them.

So, I think this might end up being really complicated to do. But what about secondary beacons for the zones that have the PVP entrances/helicopters, and the beacons land you top of them?  

Upon spawning into a PvP zone, you are unaffectable by other players for a certain time. So even if they were camping you would have enough time to put distance between them and yourself.