What happened to Trick Arrow/Archery?

Outrider_01

I had an Archery/Trick Arrow on live, only got one to about 40 when I stopped playing but was one of my fastest levelers playing in groups and he felt very effective while being fun to play compared to kinetic, dark, radiation (in that order, had a rad but just lost the interest in the character around 35; Trick Arrow would be tied with Dark).  Just shoot the arrow debuff on fast recharge powers and thats it, pretty much the easiest defender set in my opinion without the toggles and very few place on the ground powers since most where target based. 

Seen a few comments that make it less then appealing now. Why is that?  Higher challenge fights with this +4/8 stuff where they resist the debuffs more?  Also, didn't it have a target ground based healing aura arrow? or am I thinking of another set?  Swear it had a healing regen aura ground based type power, pretty sure it didn't have two -resist powers when I played it.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

The main thing is that other sets are better and faster at debuffing than TA.  Much like Traps it's lots more fiddly to accomplish the same purpose.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

TA honestly has some cool potential that was just never realized.

The way I always wished this set worked is you loaded up a bunch of arrows ahead of time, and then you fire them into the crowd all at once.  So, there would be some prep time before you fire, but when you launch your assault all the debuff hit at once.

Still fun to play, procs make it crazy.

Never had a heal.

I have one rolled and kitted at 50 already with a bit of progress into Incarnates and I have several times over surprised people on teams with what Trick Arrow can do.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Still fun to play, procs make it crazy.

Never had a heal.

I have one rolled and kitted at 50 already with a bit of progress into Incarnates and I have several times over surprised people on teams with what Trick Arrow can do.

Good for you, sir. TA is an awesome set it just needs some publicity.

Mine is level 39 currently and it's been a nice ride. I'm doing TA/Dark though.