stealth defense

Tyrose

1 hour ago, Tyrose said:

how much defense do you get from stealth after you have been detected? am trying to see if it would be worth slotting it for defense

It's the equivalent of Combat Jumping or Hover.  I always slot Stealth with 3 End Reds or 3 LotG (Defense/Global Recharge, Defense, and Defense/Endurance), the same as I do with CJ or Hover.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

6 minutes ago, The_Cheeseman said:

Like 2% or thereabouts. Definitely not worth slotting for Defense, just stick a LotG +Rech in there and call it a day.

On my squishies, every little bit helps, so I slot it for Defense, just like I do with CJ, Hover, or Maneuvers.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Just now, The_Cheeseman said:

Well, if it is the last 2% you need to hit softcap, it is pretty valuable. I just prefer to get my defense elsewhere.

Squishies take it wherever they can get it.  😉

• Like 2

@Rathstar

i'd never take stealth for the defense, and since an unbounded or celerity IO in sprint accomplishes the same thing, I never take it period. If i had a free power slot/pool it would mean either i've yet to take maneuvers, so even if i only wanted a lotg mule that'd be better value, or the toon's not taking fighting pool, in which case it's probably already slotted its company of LoTGs, and if not I can take vengeance to slot one. Combat jumping I always take, for the lotg mule and for its movement utility. Only rarely gets more than the one slot as it's usually easier to get defense numbers from bonuses. 

Of course that'd all be out the window were i not a superspeed person and needed a second source of stealth beyond the IO to get full invisibility. idk how those folks do it, my builds are usually tight enough already 😄

I generally 2 slot it. (2 Total), I take it on more characters than I don't. I very seldom take CJ, as I don't like the set much. Concealment has more potential for LoTG Mules than Leaping, for travel 9/10 I go flight, not because I like it so much but it's just an easier pick than SJ or SS. (Good vertical positioning, 2 LoTG Slots (not mules as I use Hover and Afterburner quite a bit.) I play mostly squishies, and only time I don't take it is on characters that don't need/use a stealth pick, so Brutes/Scrapper/Sentinels who both have other sources of mitigation powers or who are much more likely to take the Fighting pool. Don't take it for the defence though... it's nice to have an extra bit but it's mostly for the stealth and defence procs.