Elec/Dark a couple of questions.

speczero

So I've decided to try an Electric/Dark controller and I have a couple of questions.

It looks like it will be very good control in a group setting, but

it looks like Static Field and Synaptic Overload work against each other.

Is it normal to take one or the other?

Also for when I'm soloing is there anyway to get damage out of this build or

is it good for grouping only?

Take both. Static field is cheap as chips slot-wise. They do kind of layer over each other (sleeping things won't attack each other because they are asleep) but when they do wake up they'll shoot each other. 

And of course you don't have to deploy Static Field if Synaptic went really well. Save it for the next spawn. Synaptic "fizzling" because the initial one missed is one of the most annoying things that can happen to you, so having Static there as a backup or for when it's recharging is always good. 

Damage-wise some Pool Powers might help. Sorcery and Force of Will both have attacks in there which work with Containment. Jolting is apparently procable to up the damage, but I can only see the Knockback one and the Purple range damage. There's a few nice Control procs available for it too though.

If / When you get to Epics Seismic Smash is a true proc monster (5 non-purple damage procs!) and Fissure is pretty procable as well. 

Static Field recharge is very fast.  You drop it instantly on a group and it retries the sleep every second or so which means even if they are not hit immediately they will be hit soon.  This makes static field my favorite control power of any set.  Fast, reliable control of a group.  And if more foes move into the area it hits them to.  You can also drop static field from around a corner.  I slot it with a range enhancement to make it work more places.  So no alpha.

But static field does generate aggro.  So if you cannot drop it from around a corner you will get attacked back and often by the toughest stuff.  Whereas synaptic overload does not generate aggro.  It just is not as reliable.  

So I take both.  Where there is a corner I use static field.  Where I have to approach the spawn in the open I use synaptic overload.

• Thanks 1

Synaptic should normally get x6 Coercive Persuasion. 

Static Field is fine with a single Accuracy IO. 

I've always wanted to test procs in Static Field. I've tried the Dominator Fiery Orb proc and it works well. There is a Call of the Sandman self heal, and the Placate proc. Never tried either.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:16 PM, Ice_Warden said:

How do you slot Static Field vs Synaptic Overload in an IO Set world.

Like the others, 6 Coercives for Synaptic, but I used 5 Fortunata Hypnosis for the purple bonuses in Static Field.  Were I to readdress this build, I'd probably rethink that slotting to give me more slots to play with.  I have no plans to readdress the build though.

On 11/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, speczero said:

Also for when I'm soloing is there anyway to get damage out of this build or

Put all the damage procs you can in Jolting Chain, then slot other helpful procs in it.  Elec is light damage so it's going to be well served by good proc slotting.

• Like 1