Remove aggro cap

For tankers when taunting its currently at 15 mob . after that they will wonder off . cant hold their attention .

It didnt use to be this way.

This shouldnt effect the Max number of targets hit by X powers .. Just the amount of attention a tank/brute/scrapper so on . Can hold on themselves . like the good old days before they nerfed everything to death .

There is literally another post on this same exact thing at the top of this page.

Yes it did use to be this way. The aggro cap was changed in October 2005 with the release of City of Villains and was in place for the last 7 years..of 8.5 total... that CoH was live.

The aggro cap by the way is 17 not 15.

For tankers when taunting its currently at 15 mob . after that they will wonder off . cant hold their attention .

It didnt use to be this way.

This shouldnt effect the Max number of targets hit by X powers .. Just the amount of attention a tank/brute/scrapper so on . Can hold on themselves . like the good old days before they nerfed everything to death .

• 1 month later

Not sure what info you got on cap always being that way.... I have videos of me herding 2 1/2 +8 mobs solo (total of 26) and herding almost entire rooms while everyone sat at the doors. The way it is now is much less. It was the very first thing I noticed after being gone from game 7yrs... Nowhere near as many NPC followed me. Most just stand there until space is "freed" up. I have my vids from 2005 and 2006 both pve and original pvp (before the great nerf) on my youtube page.

Not sure what info you got on cap always being that way.... I have videos of me herding 2 1/2 +8 mobs solo (total of 26) and herding almost entire rooms while everyone sat at the doors. The way it is now is much less. It was the very first thing I noticed after being gone from game 7yrs... Nowhere near as many NPC followed me. Most just stand there until space is "freed" up. I have my vids from 2005 and 2006 both pve and original pvp (before the great nerf) on my youtube page.

If this is a topic you are really interested in, then you should follow and post in this thread:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3407.0.html

Lots of discussion, posts by the Devs...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

.. herding almost entire rooms while everyone sat at the doors...

And you wonder why the aggro cap was implemented? XD

As others have mentioned, it was changed around the same time City of Villains launched, this is easily proven by browsing patch notes. It is not something HC did.

I wouldn't remove the aggro caps, but I'm not opposed to looking at increasing them for Tankers (let's say, up to 24 from 16). I really don't want the game to go back to a place where you wait for one person to round up the whole map. A slight increase from 16 for Tankers wouldn't get us that far, but it would differentiate Tankers from the other melee ATs.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

.. herding almost entire rooms while everyone sat at the doors...

And you wonder why the aggro cap was implemented? XD

Exactly so.

I actually remember being hollered at by a PUG's tank once, when I started following him to attack mobs.  Immediately followed by being kicked from the team.  Because ::gasp:: I tried to friggin' well play the game.

It wasn't even high end content, it was Frostfire, in the bloody Hollows.

That tank didn't want a team.  He just wanted warm bodies to pad out the spawn count.  Feh.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism