MM only (or mostly) MSR 2 - Electric Boogaloo! (12/29/19)

Oklahoman

Ever since our previous attempt, people have been asking when we will attempt another Mastermind Only (or Mostly) Rikti Mothership Raid. We had 24 MMs in our last attempt, and we want to go lights out this time.

So, powerlevel an MM if you need to, set your graphics to "Zork", and join us for our next raid on Sunday, Dec 29, 2019! I'll need to post an exact time later, but my guess would be 1pm Central.

The drill will be the same as before - I'll call for Masterminds first, and once it seems like we have everyone we're likely to get I'll invite others to join us.

Here's the thread for the previous attempt:

This will be on Everlasting.

Had some questions from Reddit asking if non-MMs with pets can join. As stated above, I'm going to first get as many MMs as we can and when it looks like recruiting has slowed, we'll open it up to others. Last time I did a short phase after MM recruitment where I asked for all others with pets, then opened it up to everyone else.

If you don't have a MM already, you have 12 days to create one and pile as many levels on as you can, then you can get in during the first call. I personally recommend Thugs so we can have a bunch of Gang Wars going, too.

Bumping as a reminder that this will take place a week from today!

I've heard from several people in game that they started a MM just so they could participate. Really hoping to fill a complete league with MMs this time. You still have time to start a MM if you want to join!

Bumping as a reminder that this will take place TOMORROW, SUNDAY 12/29 at 1pm Central!

I'm planning to FIRST call for 50+1/2/3 MMs to serve as Team Leaders, and will call for those maybe 12:30pm or so, just so we can strategize a bit. I'll next open it up to all MMs, and once it seems like we have all we can get I will open it up to everyone with a summonable pet (Lore, whatever). After that we open it up to everyone.

I need to start as close to 1pm as possible as I have another obligation shortly after 2pm. I've got a little bit of flexibility there, but would love to be offline by 2pm, if possible.

Turn your graphics down, and do the usual suggestions to improve graphic performance (turn off shake, disable buff send/receive, etc.). Make sure you have your Double XP booster, if needed, and your Member of Vanguard badge if you are 35+ so you earn vMerits during the raid. If you can knock that out in advance that will help alot.

See you there!

Thanks to everyone who came out for this, and thanks to CR Miss and @GM Cyclonefor the kind birthday wishes from the beyond.

There was way more interest than I expected, and I hate that several people were ready to go and we just didn't have room. I'll try to find another time we can do this again and advertise it in advance. I'm planning to run a series of MSRs on Tuesday (12/31) afternoon, but they will almost certainly not be limited to MMs. @Cyrious(aka Ultranox) and I will probably want to compare calendars and do a post mortem on this run first.

Enjoy this highlight video!

On 12/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, Guardia said:

Computer was not even rendering half the on screen entities. Had to be some 300-380 pets, including Lore.

screenshot_191229-15-03-06.jpg

Yep.  Stuff like this is why I generally ask non-MMs to stow pets during a full (or nearly full) league.

Shorter leagues and we go PETS OUT FOR HARAMBE!

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

22 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Thanks to everyone who came out for this, and thanks to CR Miss and @GM Cyclonefor the kind birthday wishes from the beyond.

There was way more interest than I expected, and I hate that several people were ready to go and we just didn't have room. I'll try to find another time we can do this again and advertise it in advance. I'm planning to run a series of MSRs on Tuesday (12/31) afternoon, but they will almost certainly not be limited to MMs. @Cyrious(aka Ultranox) and I will probably want to compare calendars and do a post mortem on this run first.

Well, I'll try to be out there.

For pulling, not sure if this works, but for those of us that have the targeted toggle debuffs (Ex /Rad's toggle debuffs) we can tag the closest grates to the bowl with them then fall back to the bowl. The intent being that a rikti spawns within the debuff's AOE, gets aggro on the caster, and runs right into the blender.

13 hours ago, Cyrious said:

Well, I'll try to be out there.

For pulling, not sure if this works, but for those of us that have the targeted toggle debuffs (Ex /Rad's toggle debuffs) we can tag the closest grates to the bowl with them then fall back to the bowl. The intent being that a rikti spawns within the debuff's AOE, gets aggro on the caster, and runs right into the blender.

It was suggested in a subsequent raid that it would be interesting to do the Ultranox Maneuver, but to mix up the groups at each location to see if the rewards get shared differently. For example, wing 1 would have players 1 & 2 from each team, wing 2 would have players 3 & 4 from each team, and wing 3 would have players 5 and 6 from each team. I guess the remainder (players 7 and 8 from each team) could pull from the bowl to the wings? Something to think about.