Scrappy blaster Fortunata.

Sovera

I was looking at Gulbassaur's build and mentioned I felt he had too many attacks, saw I could have three circular AoEs (eff cones!), then started tinkering with it and ended up with something. I didn't want to clutter his thread so I made this one.

Alright, so I'm leveling this. Currently level 32. VERY SQUISHY. No resists, tiny HP pool and no defenses while doing melee? Nutty. Even munching on two purples wasn't enough. I had to reshuffle things and push Aid Self for later and this has helped but expect squishyness while leveling. There are just too many useful powers to take early.

Spin + Psinado is a good early thing to have, we can feel Psinado's FF proc helping with lowbie recharge. This only opens at 24 though. I question the brains who thought the AT ought to have a full respec at 24 instead of branching out at 24. Having Psinado at level 12 would have been nice. Unlike Claws we can't make an AoE rotation of Follow-Up, Spin, and Psinado, but Follow-Up, Spin, Psinado, Follow-Up, Spin can be done before a gap happens. Combine with Psychic's Wail and I think our AoE needs are satisfied.

I couldn't fit a single target rotation with just Follow-Up, Dominate, and Lunge. The bane of extra fast animations. So I had to take *something* and since I *had* to take a level 1 power I took TK Blast since it animates ultra fast and takes a FF proc. Since I had to take a level 1 power it's not like a wasted power, it just cost a few slots but for once I had enough slots for everything I cared for. Having an extra power in the ST attack chain helps early on. There is no particular reason to slot the superior ATO in it (we don't *need* the extra melee defense) but all the bonuses are acceptable and no other set had 4 bonus that I deemed more useful (even the extra defense isn't bad since it's something to delay DDR).

The blaster part of the build is definitely the Aim + Nuke recharging every 42 seconds (less with FF procs).

Endurance is a big problem so far though I don't have Stamina fully slotted (I could have looked for the AoE bonuses somewhere else, but we have no other source of Recovery than Stamina so it was two birds with one stone)

I don't really trust Aid-Self to keep me up as it hasn't in the past, but the build has enough toys it might work better (all the slows and -recharge built in the ST and AoE chain, the soft CC of KD, etc).

The ST chain *looks* like it should do good damage even though TK Blast hurts it. I'll have to see if TK blast can be done without. Perhaps with Ageless it can be. Lunge showing as 617 damage (!), Dominate procced out at 398, Follow-Up at 265 and then a paltry 160 for TK Blast.

If there is interest I can whip up a leveling build.

Spoiler

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

Update.

Reached 50, slotted what I had and working on the rest. Much better handle on endurance and etc without even incarnates in the mix. Done a few ITFs without problems even at +5. Overall it's exactly what's being sold: a Claws/SR Scrapper Dominator Blaster.

It easily gets defense up like SR, and just like SR it's squishy, but unlike a Scrapper it can start the fight by killing most of the minions and having lieutenants at half HP which can then be taken down by the smoooooth ST chain and both circular AoEs, one which soft CCs with KU and both with -recharge. Overall I much prefer this to a Claws/SR since it's *very* satisfying to Follow-Up, Aim, Psychic Wail and murder most of a spawn. It's just very nice to have burst and sustain.

Aid Self solves the self-heal problem though the skill has a tremendous near 5 second animation. Fortunately as a flier it is exceedingly easy to float a bit off from the mobs and heal up at our leisure before swooping down. Trying to heal at ground level while being hit would just kill the HP gained before the animation had finished. This isn't a build that handles well be thrown into a farm map to be at agro cap for minutes on end, it just isn't, don't even go there. But it is VERY good at doing NORMAL gameplay since the nuke kills most of the mobs in a spawn leaving much fewer targets hitting us.

Aura of Confusion is a mule, but it's nice to have. Team is speeding, we just used Psychic Wail on one spawn and everything is mopped up, ran to the next spawn, no one is nuking for some reason? Boom, Aura of Confusion. By the time we have ran to the next spawn after that, used Wail, then reached the next again spawn after that with all the FF procs helping things and Aura of Confusion is back up. While it's still a mule it's a worthy mule.

I'm at a loss on my last two powers though. I considered Leadership for the +acc. But under level 50 we seldomly run content at more than +1 tops, and usually it's +0. At level 50 everyone is well slotted up and accuracy isn't, usually, a problem. The two or three places where accuracy help would be against CoT (eff those -acc ghosts and shielding bosses), the witches/Tsoo (eff those hurricanes), and probably the Banished Pantheon. But these aren't common to face.

I'm tempted to just grab both Assault toggles, but I understand their damage increase is actually pretty minimal and in a build with only Stamina for Recovery grabbing more toggles is iffy.

The other choice would be to grab better powers for ST. Both Swipe and Strike are better than TK Blast and Dominate, but TK Blast and Dominate both CC which is pretty useful (DOWN, SURGEON! DOWN, SAPPER!).

Mind Link is always an option, but the abysmal 4 second animation leaves me cold and, again, once at 50 deaths are so rare that we may pat ourselves on the back for helping the team, but insert arewereallythormeme.jpg.

58 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I'm at a loss on my last two powers though.

I have the same issue quite often - Recall Friend is usually my go to. It's handy for hauling teammates across maps, but also for things like moving people to places where they can rez while you kite an AV around or something. I quite often run missions with lowbies along as a way of adding a bit of challenge as full teams of incarnates trivialise a lot of combat and being able to yoink a L3 across a zone is really handy. 

Even though my build is the one you didn't like (which is fine - I deliberately tried to be a master of none that exemplars down very well, which isn't for everyone), I'd still suggest you grab another ST melee damage power or Mind Link. It's really useful if you've got sidekicks in tow because the defence boost is quite significant. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

5 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

I have the same issue quite often - Recall Friend is usually my go to. It's handy for hauling teammates across maps, but also for things like moving people to places where they can rez while you kite an AV around or something. I quite often run missions with lowbies along as a way of adding a bit of challenge as full teams of incarnates trivialise a lot of combat and being able to yoink a L3 across a zone is really handy. 

Even though my build is the one you didn't like (which is fine - I deliberately tried to be a master of none that exemplars down very well, which isn't for everyone), I'd still suggest you grab another ST melee damage power or Mind Link. It's really useful if you've got sidekicks in tow because the defence boost is quite significant. 

Nein, your build was fine. I just felt it had too many attacks. Otherwise it's plenty fine. You're just aiming more at Dom side where I'm unapologetic about treating it as a scrapperblasterino 😄

I'm on the same boat regarding exemping, but on that side all is well. All the ST and AoE attacks are there for even as low as Posi 1 which is why I have Hasten exactly at 20 instead of pushing it further back.

I'll echo the call for Mind Link - my build is softcapped without it but it's good for providing a cushion for when you start getting hit with defense debuffs to prevent a cascade failure, or it puts you well over the incarnate softcap, and if you went with recharge to get a tighter attack chain it's not hard to perma. The 30% psi resistance is also nice and covers the hole for any teammates when you're facing off against psi damage, and since the animation doesn't root you can use it while traveling between spawns.

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Nein, your build was fine. I just felt it had too many attacks. Otherwise it's plenty fine. You're just aiming more at Dom side where I'm unapologetic about treating it as a scrapperblasterino 😄

Controllerblastertanktank or gtfo.

Glad you're having a good time, though. I genuinely struggle to find an AT I like as much as my fortunata. It can do a bit of everything and the team buffs mean your average teaming experience is just slightly better.

One of these days I'll give a warshade a proper go but I mained a peacebringer on live and started off on one here and I'm not sure I have the brainpower for a shapeshifter again.

Anyway, I probably cut it very fine with defence on mine because, from experience, you don't actually need to be softcapped all the time and about 35% is fine for most content. Mind Link I tend to fire off for teammates as much as myself.

Anyway... It's worth going Rogue for the second AoE confuse because they stack which helps if there are a lot of bosses. I use the resistance version of melee hybrid and it's pretty great for times when defence isn't enough, although assault would probably give you good bang for your buck too.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

6 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

It's worth going Rogue for the second AoE confuse because they stack which helps if there are a lot of bosses.

Contagious Confusion proc. It'll hit often enough you're going to get bosses because of the long recharge, it doesn't require extra animation time, and usually the spawn won't live long enough for it to wear off. I 6-slotted Coercive Persuasion to get softcapped ranged defense, but I would have slotted the proc regardless. With it I can treat Aura of Confusion as a mag 6 AoE confuse.

Edited by siolfir
  • Like 1

This is what I'm going to build. Forts don't have slow resist and slow/-recharge sucks, even for builds that don't rely on mind link. This build shores up that weakness by having 65% slow resist. I'm sticking with confuse for the last pick for now but can just as well replace that with leadership with a cyto for team buffs.

Features:

High recharge, perma hasten/mind link, softcapped to all+psi, decent end recovery, decent S/L/F/C resists, good mix of ranged, aoe, melee attacks but really this build is going to live in melee like all my builds do. Exemp friendly also. Stealth IO in sprint for ghosting Posi and other low level missions.

It's a shame the membranes don't work in mind link otherwise I could have saved a slot. +5 the IOs in Mind link, hasten, stamina and the damage IO in dominate, everything else attuned.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Fortune Weaver: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Poison Dart -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(7), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 6: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(13), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(13)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), Rct-ResDam%(17)
Level 16: Psionic Tornado -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(19), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 18: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(29)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(23)
Level 24: Mind Link -- RedFrt-Def/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(25), AdjTrg-ToHit(25), Rct-Def/Rchg(40)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 28: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(31), Ags-ResDam(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Obl-%Dam(33), Erd-%Dam(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33), Arm-Dmg(34), ScrDrv-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Dominate -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(36), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), Dmg-I(37), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(37)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(39), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(39), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(39), CrcPrs-Conf%(40), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(43), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Rgn-Knock%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 47: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Rchg(48), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Hct-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Confuse -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(37)
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------
------------

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting