Minor QoL improvement

Mageman

First, let's start by thanking you for bringing back CoX - it has been missed by many.

Could you do power customization on Prestige Power Slide so we can change it's color and "Minimal FX" to turn it off? This wasn't a priority on the old live servers since most accounts didn't have it and never would.

• Like 3

• City Council
14 hours ago, Mageman said:

Could you do power customization on Prestige Power Slide so we can change it's color and "Minimal FX" to turn it off? This wasn't a priority on the old live servers since most accounts didn't have it and never would.

Yes, the Issue 25+ engine has a lot of improvements specifically in order to make things like this possible. You'll notice the power customization screen has a new "Inherent" section that is was not present on live or the I24 beta, though there are not yet any powers that take advantage of it.

One of the reasons the Paragon devs never did that was that UI work is a huge pain, but that part is done now. It would just be a matter of some Fx work to make a tintable version.

There have been some internal discussions about this, as well as the idea of combining all of the prestige sprints together into a single power that you can select from the different effects (to reduce power list bloat). That causes some controversy due to the loss of the "free" enhancement slots so it's been tabled for now.

• Thanks 4

I've never used those "free" enhancement slots, so I don't really care.

More to the point, I really hope that (not) deciding whether to entirely retool Prestige Sprint(s) isn't holding up the Fx work, which has been requested by me as well as the OP and many others.

Please do that part now/ASAP, and make any broader changes later (if ever).

Edited by Megajoule

• 1 month later

Personally, I don't claim the other prestige sprint powers. I only use prestige power slide (usually with +Stealth as I go from door to door) and sprint (Endurance reducer when I have other things going on - like attacking).

Since most of the work has already been done to make super speed color tint-able, I would think it would be an easy change and this is a power EVERYONE gets now (even if they don't want it).

P.S. I'm not asking for additional graphics (like roller skates, skis, etc.). I just want to edit the existing colors or use Minimal FX.

Edited by Mageman