DM/DA Scrapper

Ruby Rocket

Now that City of Heroes is back, I decided to bring back one of my first 50s.  A tiny ball of fists and terror.  With all the IO sets and ATO bonus', I figured it was time to start fixing the endurance issues that come with a sprinting "run and gun" play style.  Unfortunately, I can't get creative enough to make it happen.  I'd love to dump the need for conserve power, perhaps pick up Focused Accuracy or Tactics to help with the horrific accuracy on Cloak of Fear.  However 15 million toggles (that I like to leave running), has kept me painted into a corner.  I have looked into Unrelenting and Unleash Potential, but the massive cool downs seem counter productive for laying down ceaseless damage boosted attacks.  Both Unrelenting and Unleash Potential peaked my interest and would love to build them into the toon...  I mean, what's cooler than making powers that are written off to work, and work well.  Perhaps wishful thinking...  I'd love to get some input from the experienced miracle workers.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Ruby Rocket: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 2: Smite -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Hct-Acc/Rchg(9), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Hct-Dam%(11)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(15), GldArm-End/Res(17), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(17)
Level 6: Touch of Fear -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(13), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), TchoftheN-Heal(25), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(25)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam(27), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(27), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 12: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Krm-ResKB(29)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(31), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(31), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(31), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Cloak of Darkness -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-Def(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 22: Death Shroud -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 28: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 30: Weave -- Krm-ResKB(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(45)
Level 35: Cloak of Fear -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(46), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(48), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(50)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Edited by Ruby Rocket

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

One thing I’m seeing right away is you’re using Efficiency Adaptor instead of Performance Shifter in Stamina and Physical Perfection. The Performance Shifter Chance for Endurance IO is the best End recovery IO in the game. Slot one of those and one Performance Shift - EndMod instead of Eff Adap in both powers. Also replace the Numina’s - Heal in Health with Panacea - Chance for +Health/Endurance. 

Those enhancement changes will be very noticeable. I’d consider dropping Assault possibly too. Personal preference, but I never find it worth the endurance cost while on a melee toon.

Hope this helps!

Edited by crkohl
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

Basically, your end usage is dismal and can't figure why do you want all those defensive toggles for not being softcapped to any kind of defense. If you want endurance comnsumption efficiency, then you will have to start slotting for +endrdx and +recovery in that order and of course, select the toggles that are useful for you. Surely OG does more for you than a base slotted maneuvers that is, among other toggles, eating your endurance alive. Also, don't know how do you pretend have good acc in CoF and slot a lvl 30 set. Hasten with a 16 second gap, is it needed for anything in particular? dunno, usually the power you want to recharge fast is dark regeneration and the rchg is not that long to require Hasten.

Getting rid of the useless toggles and slottimng properly will get you to a much better position, of course, the choice is yours but that build you posted is both squishy and unplayable with the endurance management you have.

You can try this instead... or not, your choice. With all relevant Accolades and either Cardiac Alpha (if you want better dmg res) or Vigor Alpha (if you want better acc for powers such as CoF) your end management is well under control, all the useful toggles are always on and you are softcapped to both Melee and S/L. Again, up to you:

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Darkness Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(37), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(34), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(5), HO:Ribo(7), HO:Ribo(9)
Level 6: Touch of Fear -- Ngh-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(43)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Krm-ResKB(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Absorb%(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(40), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 18: Death Shroud -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 20: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 28: Cloak of Fear -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(29), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(29), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(31), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Dark Consumption -- ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 38: Petrifying Gaze -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Dark Blast -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Night Fall -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Tenebrous Tentacles -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(48), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(48), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(48), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(3), EndMod-I(3)
Level 50: Vigor Core Paragon
------------

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

This is what I came up with. Cardiac Alpha, chance for +end in Dark Regeneration, Dark Consumption, Unleash Potential and Ageless (even the +Debuff Resistance version which I opted for here) mean you will never have endurance issues except in rare cases. This build has capped resistance to S/L and nearly capped resistance to Fire, Cold and Psi. Has nearly 40% defense to S/L and a 20% resistance to defense debuff, so if you do get hit with a debuff your defense won't be floored. Dark Armor can be incredibly tanky, but suffers from a lack of defense debuff resistance, Ageless solves that issue and you become nigh unkillable with either Shadow Meld or Unleash Potential up. Shadow Meld alone will push you past the defense soft-cap to ALL and can be boosted past Incarnate levels with Unleash Potential. 

Hasten and Soul Drain are permanent with proper cycling of Ageless and Unleash Potential, and Shadow Meld has like a 6-8 second down time too depending on how buffed you are from Ageless/Unleash Potential. I have so many things I want to build but if I were going to make a Dark/Dark Scrapper I would definitely go this route. I love Unleash Potential on Dark Armor and would 100% recommend it!

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(17)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 4: Death Shroud -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(37)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(25)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(37)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Heal(43), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(45), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(45), TchoftheN-Heal(46)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(19), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(19)
Level 20: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(34), GssSynFr--Build%(36)
Level 28: Cloak of Fear -- SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(29), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SphIns-%ToHit(31)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), RctArm-ResDam(40), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Hct-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 38: Mighty Leap -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 41: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(42), HO:Membr(42), Prv-Heal(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Moonbeam -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(48), HO:Membr(48), HO:Membr(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(7), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

First off, thank you both very much for the build suggestions. I’ve been looking into their function and slotting.

Cazden121, I am curious on the functionality of Shadow Meld. I have looked at it a few times and generally ruled it out due to the long activation and short duration. I’m currently trying to theorize how to effectively utilize it at combat speed other than click it before jumping into a mob to build up then rely on the ever Stacking -to hit to carry me through a fight. I omit shadow maul from my attacks due to the animation time. I’ve face planted from being rooted for 3 seconds in heavy action waiting to fire off a heal, so I generally stick to the single target attacks. Unleash Potential does peak my interest. Does it play with Unrelenting as specified, or is it a unimplemented feature? I like the overall build, but I think I may need to address some additional kB protection. I’m a little leery of just 4 pts. It’s a personal preference... and I am greedy. lol 

Edited by Ruby Rocket

Sharrode, I apologize for my above build. I was playing with different sets and got a bit ahead of myself. In response to your question, I like hasten to keep my attack chains up. Shadow punch, Smite, Siphon Life... then Shadow punch, smite, midnight grasp. With enough recharge, I have been able to see shadow punch, smite, shadow punch, smite, etc. and you’re right oppressive gloom is far more useful than some of the powers I had. There just wasn’t much to stack the stun with. But for minions, it’s great. I can definitely see the merits of your non-hasten build here. You got those recharges down pretty well. I’m impressed. I am going to nix the Shadow Maul due to animation time. I am just not a fan of it. Quick animated attacks are a big drain on endurance, but it allows me to react and heal when I start getting hit in rapid succession. I am looking at the endurance use/recovery without Incarnates and without shadow maul as an endurance “cooldown/coaster” power, and I’m wondering if it’d hold up with the use of a quicker sustained attack chain. I’m also curious why you didn’t work in Superior Critical Strikes. I figured the crit chance proc would be useful on a heavy attack. Is that not the case?  I’ve also been told performance shifter +end is pretty much a god send. Any reason it’s left off? Is the kB protection in Super Jump always active, or is it only effective when SJ is enabled? 

Trying to answer your questions:

Shadow maul is ok to add a bit more of aoe however, it is skippable although cannot see Shadow Punch being useful for anything other than a set mule. I'd rather slot and incorporate Dark Blast to my ST attack chain, at least is full negative dmg.

The endurance usage prior to incarnates is also rubbish on my build. On my personal experience, anything above 1.25 end/sec sucks so I prefer just going for an Alpha slot endrdx than gimping my build sacrificing too much for +recovery.

Never missed myself the superior critical strikes and since I am in no need of AoE or +acc, I decided to skip it but if you think the proc is that important, guess you can find a space for it

Performance Shifter proc cna be useful until you get your Alpha, although allocating a thefot of essence in dark regeneration is better, you can use both until you get to equip at least your T3 Alpha and then remove them if you feel you don't need them

The KB protection in SJ is always active.

If you don't want Shadow Maul, probably something like this should work, where you are still softcapped to both S/L and melee, your S/L res is just around 3% below the hardcap, which shouldn't be noticeabla, your recharge is slightly improved and you can use shadow punch as part of the ST attack chain while lvling and then at lvl 41 respec and replace shadow punch by dark blast.

You can also replace either Maneuvers for Soul Trnasfer and Hover by 1 slotted Hasten although I much prefer having Hover which is great for Caltrops and stuff like that plus can also help in the few occasions Mag 8 KB prot is not enough.

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Darkness Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(37), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9)
Level 2: Shadow Punch -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-ResDam(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(36)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Krm-ResKB(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Absorb%(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(37), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 18: Death Shroud -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 20: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 28: Cloak of Fear -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(29), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(29), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(31), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Dark Consumption -- ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 38: Petrifying Gaze -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Dark Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(42), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(42), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Night Fall -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Tenebrous Tentacles -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb(48), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(48), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(48), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(3), EndMod-I(3)
Level 50: Vigor Partial Core Revamp
------------

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

20 hours ago, Ruby Rocket said:

First off, thank you both very much for the build suggestions. I’ve been looking into their function and slotting.

Cazden121, I am curious on the functionality of Shadow Meld. I have looked at it a few times and generally ruled it out due to the long activation and short duration. I’m currently trying to theorize how to effectively utilize it at combat speed other than click it before jumping into a mob to build up then rely on the ever Stacking -to hit to carry me through a fight. I omit shadow maul from my attacks due to the animation time. I’ve face planted from being rooted for 3 seconds in heavy action waiting to fire off a heal, so I generally stick to the single target attacks. Unleash Potential does peak my interest. Does it play with Unrelenting as specified, or is it a unimplemented feature? I like the overall build, but I think I may need to address some additional kB protection. I’m a little leery of just 4 pts. It’s a personal preference... and I am greedy. lol 

You’re welcome! I’ve always had the best success using Shadow Meld before quite ‘literally’ jumping into a mob. If you time it right, and with practice, you can jump right before you activate a long animation power and use the momentum of the jump to keep you moving and into the center of a mob while activating the power. Using this technique for longer animating powers will almost make them feel like they have no animation time since you are actively moving where you want to go while in animation. Outside of being great to tank alphas, it’s a fantastic “oh s*+t!!” button. I have not thoroughly tested Unleash Potential’s crash, because truth be told, every character I have at 50 that does have it, has absolutely no problems with endurance, my bar is always at full on those toons so I can only speculate that the crash isn’t that bad when you have a full IO build. I can say in confidence that trying to get both Unleash and Unrelenting would not be worth it. There simply wouldn’t be enough space and you would really have to sacrifice a lot for very little benefit. Shadow Maul is there almost entirely for the set I put in it. But it can be an incredible power in certain situations, if and when you can hit 3 or more enemies (hard to do, but possible and frequent in scenarios like the ITF) it then becomes your best damage dealer. You could take Shadow Punch instead, but I find far less utility from Shadow Punch when all my Dark Melee toons can run Smite, Siphon Life and Midnight Grasp with no downtime between attacks. As for the KB protection, 4 is enough for 99% of the game. I think a lot of people, especially min/maxers, will agree that 4 is just enough to not have it be an issue. If you did want more, you would need 12-16 points. I’ve read many posts on the forum that 8 points doesn’t make a difference really when compared to 4. All my toons without KB protection function fine with only 4 points though.

• 4 weeks later
On 2/16/2020 at 8:30 PM, ninja surprise said:

I can't open the builds where I am but I suggest going for max recharge:

Perma-Soul Drain will do wonders for your acc/ToHit

Bringing Dark Consumption back ASAP will solve your endurance woes.

I would love perma-hasten.  The perma-soul drain would be crazy.

• 7 months later

Perma-hasten.  Always nice.

Any chance Dark Melee is going to get that 'Consumption' hot fix?

The one thing that stands out to me on Dark Melee/Dark Armour (8 toggles including Acrobatics!) is that it's a real end hog.

I'm currently on SOs.  x2 end red on some and x3 end red on very heavy end attacks.  Just to staunch the end flow going out.  And x2 on all toggles.  And IF I'm on green ++ then I can 'pace' the end useage.

Going with the 'Min/Max' play style.  Eg. Shadow Punch then eg. Shadow Maul took a bit of adjusting as the end bar suddenly jolts down.

Then you have the end hogs of the 'Build UP' and the 'heal' perish you need it.

I try to align the build up with the consumption.  But I'm sure I'll put an end red in both.  (The heal has one end red but will need another.  Because chances are when you need it you'll be low on end. 😛 )

But I do like the cloak of fear and the disorient toggles.  Very good.  But the 'fear' is a very end heavy toggle and it needs about x3 acc just to give it the equiv' of most powers accuracy of a single SO of acc.  😮  With x2 end reds?  That leaves me just one slot for -to hit.

But the fear and dis' are very cool forms of 'soft armour' which makes dark armour different.

And the shadow melee is very fun and different also.

I'm aiming for a chainsaw build with the 1st two melee attacks moving real quick.  And maybe squeeze some procs in there?  Or the Scrapper AT to get the crit rate higher?

Shadow Maul seems to be animating faster.  That's good.

But I can't help but wonder if we (HC devs) can bring down the consumption recharge time to about a minute with x3 recharges to align with the 'BU.'  Just that alone would massively help the end usage of about 7 toggles and very end heavy melee, BU, Heal etc.

L38 currently.

Now...I like both builds (above) that much.  I may try both.  AoE or Snipe..? 

I'll try the snipe 1st I think.  But the AoE dark epics are a very good call to address the lack of AoE damage.  Sorely tempted by that too.  It's no good.  I'm going to have to do both as Builds 1 and 2. 😄 

It's not often I enjoy two conflicting builds this much.  Two enticing points of view.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael