Can Force Fields get an update?

shaggy

Seriously, it's been left by the wayside for so long. There are only 4 useful powers with the others being extremely situational. I'd love to see some kind of update to help give it some kind of edge over other supportive powersets.

Lots have said it, and I'd agree. Nature has it. Sorcery power pool spirit ward has it... 

139232b48fa8fb115b7e32e0bfa178a0.jpg.1c6fdc056d60ab14d0b4481f31d2b82d.jpg

Some absorb. Maybe ticking then away like with spirit ward, a proactive healers pad. 

I want to feel like a discipline priest. Instant cast, I can see the AV ramping up for some major attack, I want to interject. Basically pw shield. It's better than spirit ward because it has a cast time of almost nothing. Hell, it can place a debuff on the recipient which prevents reapplication of the power until debuff expires. 

Better for something actually focused on energy dispersion / redirection (imo):

Thorns on insulation shield, it's fluffy static, and you punched through it. Or stacking dmg up a bit on hit. Something... Anything than just a bunch of raw Def. What differentiates me as a ff? 

Ki push repel + kd on hit for repulsion bomb. 

Toggle on detention, chance to insta kill minions and lt. No xp, they were expelled. 

Mag 3 hold on force bolt. 

Edited by honoroit

Maybe Detention powers could be treated as -Damage and -Special debuffs.

And... knockback is a nice concept for a set, but it's not enough, and +Defense is available in lots of places.

FF is solid for lower level teams, but once other sets start getting more abilities available to them while FF just gets more flavors of KB, it starts showing lots of problems.

I can definitely agree with the set needing a pass. I wouldn't even call it a balance pass as much as a usefulness review.

The devs have said that once all the back end stuff is dealt with, they will be looking more into these power sets that are severely out dated. The first step into bringing the game into the new era was the Tanker and Mastermind patch. Part of that was bringing the code up to date to eventually remove the safe mode version of the game.
After this back end stuff is sorted out we will see many more changes like we saw with the Tankers, keep an eye on the Beta forums https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/57-homecoming-beta/

this is where the discussions about various power changes will take place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1