Trick Arrows: Alternate Visuals

AgentForest

I was just wondering how hard it would be to add new customization options in the drop-down box for Trick Arrow powers.  For example, if you could toss grenades for the animation instead of firing a bow.  Not much more to my post than that though, lol.  Just thought Trick Arrows might see more use if it was possible to fit it into more character concepts while maintaining the same effects and timings as current versions of the powers.

Preeeetty hard, since older weapon sets have notoriously finicky coding stuffed into them that makes it hard to change without imploding the game :classic_tongue:

I got told once by a dev that new animations/FX is the hardest part of customising a powerset, and by that point it's probably better to just make it a new powerset altogether.

But the idea of a grenade based powerset definitely appeals!

Edited by Tyrannical

Not sure how difficult it would be to actually implement, but I will say that I doubt alternate animations would really inspire more people to use Trick Arrow. I don't think there are many people that love the functionality of Trick Arrow but have a problem with it using a bow and arrow. Honestly, I'd say a good percentage of the people that played it only did so because it was one of the only bow and arrow sets.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

I'd just settle for being able to control the primary/secondary colors ON THE ARROWS(!) so that I can match the colors when drawn with the colors I used on my Tech Knight Quiver ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• City Council
7 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I'd just settle for being able to control the primary/secondary colors ON THE ARROWS(!) so that I can match the colors when drawn with the colors I used on my Tech Knight Quiver ...

How about the Vanguard Bow? Fancy 'light' bow, with standard metal arrows. 😂

That would definitely be a nifty change! 

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

6 minutes ago, GM Arcanum said:

How about the Vanguard Bow? Fancy 'light' bow, with standard metal arrows. 😂

That would definitely be a nifty change! 

Know anyone who might be able to implement it?  :classic_rolleyes:

• Confused 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.