Sleep resistance help

SuperPlyx

So I have a Fire/Temporal Blaster which I love. It is an absolute murder machine. But he does get sleeped seemly easy,Rikti especially. I have tried to remember and looked through the pool powers for a resistance to sleep but I am not seeing one. Is there one I am missing? Is there an enhancement I can get that would help? 

Thanks

55 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

So I have a Fire/Temporal Blaster which I love. It is an absolute murder machine. But he does get sleeped seemly easy,Rikti especially. I have tried to remember and looked through the pool powers for a resistance to sleep but I am not seeing one. Is there one I am missing? Is there an enhancement I can get that would help? 

Thanks

This is the biggest problem for blasters as far as I am concerned.  I don't worry too much about most resist/defense (cold, fire, smashing, ranged, etc.), but I do worry a lot about anything that renders me helpless (with one or two blasts, granted).  If I can move, I can get out of the range or LoS of those other damage types, if I can't move, I'm dead.  To that end, I tend to turn not only to set bonuses but to procs.  Here are a few that I use on my main with great results (i.e. it is now taking me forever and a day to get the mez, hold, slept badges!):

Reactive Defenses (Scaling resistance)

Impervious Skin (Mez resist)

Impervium Armor (Psionic resist)

Aegis (Psionic/Mez resist)

There are a lot of other procs, plus set bonuses, that can help with this, but just these will greatly improve your ability to resist Rikti, Carnies, Talons, Arachnos, etc.

• Thanks 1

Defensive amplifier. 20 million for 8 hours at 50. 4 points mez protect all, even terrorize and confuse which some melee sets don't have protection from. not to mention an extra 5% defense all and 7.5 resist all. Also sg base buffs are a cheap way to add extra mez resist 1.5 hours at a time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rune of Protection from the Sorcery pool does give protection vs sleep and many other effects, although it will take 3 picks to get it and it has a fairly long recharge.

It is the only power that I know of.

Edited by Metatheory
clarity
  • Thanks 1

This won't help until level 50, but all of my blasters use clarion for their destiny incarnate slot.  If you pick the one with 120 second duration it gives permanent status protection.  And you can use it while mezzed, so if you forget to click it, you're still ok.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

17 hours ago, Tahliah said:

Reactive Defenses (Scaling resistance)

Impervious Skin (Mez resist)

Impervium Armor (Psionic resist)

Aegis (Psionic/Mez resist)

I have 2 of these slotted..I will add the other 2

5 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

ATO with mez protection in your tier 1 or 2 attack that you can used while mezed

I slotted that set into End of Time,I will move it on respec

10 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

This won't help until level 50, but all of my blasters use clarion for their destiny incarnate slot.

Great idea,I should have thought of this.

Thanks everyone, going to respec and put these suggestions into effect.

• Like 1