Solo Redside update

Snarky

Update on solo all Redside campaign  This is on a Tank. Invulnerability/ Dark Melee

parameters are Rogue. Badging locations Blue and Red (so far but will start Gold soon) and doing Blue TFs for badges as well. Doing all story arcs and side missions (completing each contact until they just want me to go away) This will also be my Badger so setting up for that

As I round level 34 to 35 I am like crap I have a lot to do still lol. Glad they added content. Does not make it easier to do this. Also just finding contacts and ensuring everything is getting done is not smooth. Had to autocomplete one mission in this block. I did the mission. A kill all in a cave complex hunting Ritki. Pretty big mission. Lots of alternate routes. Pancake room.  NIghtmare. Went through the whole place 3-4 times never found the wanderer. Never got red dots

so report card. 86 Souvenirs, 506 Badges, 1491 Merits. I have also transferred over 132 Emp Merits for the off chance this actually gets to 50. No seriously i was alting a lot but am starting to warm back up to grinding this out ASAP. I want to fully build out two  high end builds. One for Solo and one for Tanking for Teams. 

Have two Accolade Powers now Invader and Demonic Aura

Ground hard on it this last week and am hoping to keep that up in February. Maybe even knock most of this out by the beginning if March and start level 50 earning

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

For me Kalinda and Burke (do both!) set the tone for the entire Redside. They spell it out clear as day and work you through a couple examples in missions. Kalinda “be loyal but be careful and be prepared for treachery” Burke “give a nod to loyalty and start stuffing as much as you can in your bag. Screw Arachnos”

the Radio in Port Oakes is a long arc but worth it. Not all of the missions are straightforward or easy but it really has fun And puts your character at the center

the new content from Graves is good. It is not easy though compared to older content

Cap Au Diable  i would recommend doing the Arachnos agents missions. Mostly for flavor. You are an outside operative and it is well written to that angle so Marshall Brass.  Shelly Percy is mad scientist odd with deep connections to lore as well

Archnage Tarixus on Sharkhead. Lore again. I love lore  All of Sharkhead does a good job touching on lore but Tarixus goes deeper

Nerva is fun. Loooong. Most of the contacts either go for lore angles or good old fashioned drama. Those are so much more fun than “kill all in cave” “kill all in office”. Sometimes you get those but they are story driven at least

the Slot Machine on St Martial. Okay you have to have a soft heart a bit because you get a little heroic at the end. I love how they wrapped up the line and it is only 6 missions

thats what i have liked best so far

a d last update too lol. I screwed up and missed a contact i found out in Ouro. Should have looked there on my 50 sigh. But i was getting antsy to 59 this badger. And i just did. Even now i am about to head to ouro to incarnate him

i will run this again later this year. Maybe on a stalker?!?  (I never run stalkers lol). Or maybe be smart and get a character that can kill stuff fast. There an idea lol

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

I like Graves, also for the ending.  I like endings that change how I understand the preceding story.

But then I like a lot of the new writing that has a bit more character to it than the legacy stuff.  I think a lot of it depends on how you approach the game, though.  If you're someone who has detailed personalities and backstories for their characters, then the more modern content feels like it's constantly taking away the character's agency and dictating how they feel in a really OOC and jarring way.  If, like me, your characters are more of a bunch of stats that you use to play the game, then the modern arcs feel more engaging and interesting precisely because they're telling a more particular story with a more defined protagonist.  Writing to please both approaches is hard.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

A lot of my characters i write to fit CoH/V. For instance the character i used for this project is a zombie who woke in a lab that was a battleground between CoT Vahzilok and DrAeons forces. He has memory issues regarding his past and comprehension issues on what is going on. Although he is not stupid (we all wonder what is going on between paradoxes, nemesis, secret plots, etc) this gives me the creative leeway to let him take any mission at face value. Faction wise he is a Rogue who gravitates to Burke’s philosophy

Tailoring the character to be flexible sounds like a really good plan.

As long as I have a costume and name I like, I'm good to go.  The character I just finished levelling to 50 has the backstory of 'hey, a Bots/Time MM looks like it might be fun to play and tanky enough to duo with a blaster', a costume made mostly out of Praetorian clockwork parts (because we started in Praetoria) plus the brain-in-a-jar head, and is called Brains of the Outfit, because I am a simple soul and easily amused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I really need to jump back into the Red Side content again.  I have been exclusively Blue Side since returning in May, so it may be time to create a solo-able character over there (so I don't have to necessarily depend on teaming), and just do it.  I remember really enjoying it back in the "live" days.  Hopefully, it has only gotten better!

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

14 hours ago, DougGraves said:

What of the redside content so far do you consider "can't miss" that everyone should experience?

I'm not soloing redside, but some of the other contacts that I think are fun (silly evil)

Doc Buzzsaw, level 25-29 (requires Bling badge). Why? Because: 

Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaut of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?

Vernon von Grun, level 45-50: bees, Becky the Tarantula Mistress, bees, a reunion with Pyriss from Peter Themari's arc, bees, Spiderling Scout candies, bees, lessons on evil laughter, and bees.

There are other people there, and they are sort of my co-workers, so it might be good if you could get them out too. I may be mad, but I did just order some boxes of spiderling-scout candy from one of their daughters and I'll never get them if all of my co-workers are devoured.

Television, level 45-50 (requires Master/Mistress of the Airwaves badge): going through the references in the mission text, the Radio plays a starring role in one of the arcs, and it has several farmable missions that won't take up much time if you don't want to farm them - the first of which has you meet actors Maemae van Whooters and Big McLargeHuge.

Books are everywhere, constantly distracting people from watching Television. And Television is everyone's friend, so reading books is just like betraying your friends!

Edited by siolfir
remove automatically generated emoticon
  • Like 1