Oh Paladin, my Paladin

Voltor

Okay so, the way it stands now is that the Paladin Giant Monster of Kings Row is supposed to spawn at random times like other Giants and we are to go to the northern section of KR, smash the Psychic Conduits that shield it, then smash Paladin.

But the new version of Paladin is bugged. Now he can only be obtained once when a new section of Kings Row opens due to KR1 being full or right after server restart when some people zoom into KR and hunt him down.

The old method of Paladin was that at random times, clockwork would gather in one of 3 spots in KR and start to build the Paladin. The goal was to stop the construction and you would get the badge. If Paladin was built it would go stomping around KR and no badge for defeating it.  If players failed to stop its construction and did not take him down, there would eventually be 3 paladin's in KR and no more events until 1 or all 3 were defeated. Players back in the day were a bit loathe or sometimes just unwilling to take a few minutes to take down the Paladins so that the clock would restart.  But taking them down was easy, either defeat them or pull them to a drone.

So, which one did you prefer?  Also is it possible to revert the Paladin to preshut down version until the new one is debugged?

• Like 2

25 alts with all the badges!

Well I have been able to get the badge on some alts by being awake enough after Tuesday server restart.

I enjoy the new version despite the massive bug, but I also enjoyed the classic version also as I thought it was a nice idea to fight to prevent the giant from emerging vs just fighting the Giants.

Perhaps the code used to create the adamastor spawn point in echo dark Astoria can be copied and adapted for Kings row to manually summon paladin onc every few hours?

• Like 1

Homecoming, or at least Torchbearer, seems to be a lot more on the spot for giant monsters than Victory was.  The announcement that one of the GMs has appeared in its zone usually draws people to that zone looking for it.  On Victory, it wasn't unusual to see three spawned Paladins in a specific area of King's Row, on a knoll by the road ramping up to High Park.  We would take a moment to beat them up every time we passed by the area on a Numina TF. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

The Psionic Brass Conduits are clockwork bosses that send energy to the Paladin that make it invulnerable to attack. Until all 12 are defeated you cannot fight the Paladin.

Conduits can be taken down with relative ease, the real trick is finding them and noting their locations which are always the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I can’t put it on a map for now, but I have located nine conduits (which can be found in the streets, on the roofs or on the side of buildings) :

• 322 / -10 / -2686
  • 456 / -10 / -2887
  • 477 / -42 / -2116
  • 1061 / -42 / -2595
  • 79 / -42 / -2072
  • 1081 / 94 / -2354
  • 956 / 94 / -2128
  • 814 / -42 / -2640
  • 133 / 105 / -2359

Can’t you share your map, Voltor ?

And, I just got the badge. After what was the weekly maintenance, I believe.

I was making a second version of it that was clearer then the first, it was a nice tool to have today after server maintenance, I led the team to the majority of the conduits, others spread out and got the others, Paladin was down a few minutes after.

paladinmapcomplete2.thumb.jpg.94e3471f4e9fffaa25c781915a9e3269.jpg

• Thanks 2