Weapon Power Sets

Eidolor

Something like Fighting to open up weapons for costumes. Maybe one for ranged and one for melee, or the ability to choose a weapon type and model and use their animations instead of attack powers’.

Edited by Eidolor
  • Like 3

On 2/8/2020 at 11:28 PM, Eidolor said:

Something like Fighting to open up weapons for costumes. Maybe one for ranged and one for melee, or the ability to choose a weapon type and model and use their animations instead of attack powers’.

It'd be nice if they had a basic single pistol power pool, and maybe something like a hunting rifle or survivalist power pool.  Maybe just a general "small arms" power pool with a knife attack, pistol attack, something akin to the body armor power from the APP, and a rifle attack.

• Like 4

I'd still really really like "Kick" from the Fighting pool to be able to use a Storm Kick or Thunder Kick animation. 

Even it does no additional damage and the animation times are set to match. 

I just really want a more martial-artsy Kick for an MM or a Defender, or for my Claws scrapper, etc.

Similarly, if Jump Kick could do the Eagle's Claw animation, not any extra damage, JUST the animation, I bet it would become a lot more popular.

• Like 1

That’s an exhilarating point, if I could use empty mags’ animation with customizable pistols I’d lose my tiny little mind

Maybe an item or enhancement that lets us reskin a power with another one’s?

Edited by Eidolor

15 hours ago, biostem said:

It'd be nice if they had a basic single pistol power pool, and maybe something like a hunting rifle or survivalist power pool.  Maybe just a general "small arms" power pool with a knife attack, pistol attack, something akin to the body armor power from the APP, and a rifle attack.

If they don't want them to be too overpowered I think added a pool set for pistols made up of the pistol powers from Masterminds instead of Dual Pistols would be a good idea, the 2 basic powers would be either single pistol shot or double pistol shot, Buckshot from AR and Body armor power from Munitons.

I mean this does allow Blasters to get access to 3 total Smashing/Lethal resistance options but you'd have to make serious build sacrifices if you wanted Tough, Flak Vest (a nice simple rename) and say the armor from the APP.

• Like 1

I myself for a long time have felt they need a weapon based pool set for every weapon type to allow greater customization. As well as some attack animation variants for the current pool attacks. I do not think any of these weapon based pools should include any kind of defensive toggles. They should be entirely offensive, with the closest exception being for example a sword pool would have parry as its a minor dps attack that actively reduces ones DPS to have it be part of an attack rotation.

Honestly thats how weapons should of been done in the first place as a mixture of pools, temp powers, etc. Because a super strong guy should be able to grab a giant sword etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

I myself for a long time have felt they need a weapon based pool set for every weapon type to allow greater customization. As well as some attack animation variants for the current pool attacks. I do not think any of these weapon based pools should include any kind of defensive toggles. They should be entirely offensive, with the closest exception being for example a sword pool would have parry as its a minor dps attack that actively reduces ones DPS to have it be part of an attack rotation.

Honestly thats how weapons should of been done in the first place as a mixture of pools, temp powers, etc. Because a super strong guy should be able to grab a giant sword etc.

Maybe something like this:

1. Hip shot - Basic single pistol attack dealing minor lethal damage.

2. Steadied shot - Stronger single pistol attack, dealing moderate lethal damage and slightly lowering the target's defense.

3. Marksman - Toggle granting a moderate tohit buff, (slightly higher buff than tactics or the same value with a lower end cost, since it'd only affect yourself).

4. Double-tap - Heavy single pistol attack.  Additionally, it'd have a narrow cone to reflect its ability to penetrate several targets.  It'd also have a good chance of knocking the target down.

5. Hollow-point ammo - a passive/auto power that increases the damage of your pistol attack and grants them a DoT component.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a  throwing blades ranged powerset.   We already have shuriken and throwing dagger animation.  We just need to re-purpose them from martial assault and the ancillary power pools.  Heck some of the animations from dual blades (notably thousand cuts) could be used for the last, big damage attack.