Questions re: Fury

roleki

So I have two nearly-identical Rad/Bio Brutes, the biggest difference between the two is their Alpha and where the ATOs are slotted. 

Anyway, on one of them, I notice he's consistently peaking in the 94-95 'Fury' range but has never approached 100.  The other usually peaks around the 91-92.  This is on a farm map where I can spend a good ten minutes solid killing hundreds of mobs without a break.  

What do people usually see out of Brutes, Fury-wise, and what does it take to hit 100?

Another question, I was under the impression that your Fury level indicates how much of a damage boost you get, but they both start at +29% enhanced and get to around +215% (before Insps/buffs) just from facerolling, even though one has 4 or 5 less 'Fury' than the other.  Is the damage boost tied to 'Fury' peak, or 'Fury' duration, i.e. if they are both in a long fight they would get about the same damage boost?

Last question, the way I read it, Fury is kind of a way to reward you for scrapperlock.  If that is the case, would I be better off with Alpha Spiritual (recharge) or Alpha Musculature (damage) Incarnates?  I ask because the Brute with the consistently-higher Fury is using Spiritual and everything recharges about 25% faster than the Musculature dude, but I find myself using Taunt more often on him because Lt's and Bosses last a little bit longer than on the Musculature dude.

Is there a, no-doubt about it, take THESE Incarnates approach for Brutes?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

About the only way to get 100% Fury is with the Villain alignment power.  A year or so (?) before the big snap they changed (freakin’ nerf bat) the Brute Fury mechanism because Brutes (mostly hogh level but i will still blame you farmers) were consistently doing more damage than Scrappers.  They had already launched Going Rogue so except for concept toons Scrappers were not going to be picked by high level players. 

The new change to Brutes made it easier to keep your Fury bar higher, so slight removal of the harshest part if the nerf. But they also lowered the max damage on Brutes.  They give with one hand and watch what the other hand is doing

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 2

I've been thinking that the way fury scales is a bit crazy. It was changed from fury 1.0 so that it's easy to get to about 75% and from there each additional point becomes exponentially tougher to get. I've not seen 100% not know anyone that has.

If it were up to me I'd change it so that Fury could actually scale a brute up to its Damage Cap at 100% fury and it would be easier to get there, but I feel that would need to have a counteragent to it, like reducing resistance/defense/regen on a scale after a certain point of fury as the Brute is so enraged it doesn't care to protect itself, it just wants it's enemies dead. I haven't thought out numbers for balance though.

Something like that might change how we play Brutes, rather than eating red Skittles, we might need orange or purple, but I think could be an interesting idea. And that would imo differentiate them from tanks, scrappers, and stalkers.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, roleki said:

So I have two nearly-identical Rad/Bio Brutes, the biggest difference between the two is their Alpha and where the ATOs are slotted. 

Anyway, on one of them, I notice he's consistently peaking in the 94-95 'Fury' range but has never approached 100.  The other usually peaks around the 91-92.  This is on a farm map where I can spend a good ten minutes solid killing hundreds of mobs without a break.  

What do people usually see out of Brutes, Fury-wise, and what does it take to hit 100?

Another question, I was under the impression that your Fury level indicates how much of a damage boost you get, but they both start at +29% enhanced and get to around +215% (before Insps/buffs) just from facerolling, even though one has 4 or 5 less 'Fury' than the other.  Is the damage boost tied to 'Fury' peak, or 'Fury' duration, i.e. if they are both in a long fight they would get about the same damage boost?

Last question, the way I read it, Fury is kind of a way to reward you for scrapperlock.  If that is the case, would I be better off with Alpha Spiritual (recharge) or Alpha Musculature (damage) Incarnates?  I ask because the Brute with the consistently-higher Fury is using Spiritual and everything recharges about 25% faster than the Musculature dude, but I find myself using Taunt more often on him because Lt's and Bosses last a little bit longer than on the Musculature dude.

Is there a, no-doubt about it, take THESE Incarnates approach for Brutes?

85-95% depending on farming after the latest patch; prior to that it was 80-90%, and years ago pre-nerf people would cite 70-75% as "full Fury." As mentioned, to hit 100% you pretty much have to hit the villain alignment power and then it will immediately start decaying before you can get an attack off.

Fury provides you a damage bonus of +2% per point of Fury you have at the time that the power activates; it's purely instantaneous. To @Snarky's point earlier, it used to provide +3% per point, with a damage cap of 850%; this was lowered +2% per point with a cap of 775%, with the decay rate paused for 5 seconds while fighting and the gain rate dropping off above 80%. Most recently, another change lowered the damage cap again (to 700%), adjusted the gain to account for animation times on powers, and paused decay for 10 seconds instead of 5.

No, there is not "one true path" for Incarnate options on Brutes; it's all build-specific. Spiritual will negatively affect proc rates because they are all PPM now and while Musculature is generally good for more damage, Brutes get the least out of each percentage of damage bonus than any other damage AT in terms of relative improvement to baseline. Just take what works best for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies; I usually play Controllers so all this inherent/damage cap stuff is a bit foreign to me.

I hadn't thought about the impact Spiritual would have on PPM, but aside from ATOs and +Recovery I didn't rely too much on Procs on either dude.  I figured, all things being equal, a power that deals 125 on a 20s timer does less damage per minute than one that does 100 on a 15s timer, but that doesn't factor in toggles or AoEs that would hit harder and so on and maybe obviate the need for a quicker attack cycle.  

That said, I had wanted to try Musculature to 'amp up' attuned enhancements from sets like Touch of Death.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 2/11/2020 at 10:52 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

I've not seen 100% not know anyone that has.

I can still hit 100% on rare occasions with my claws brute but only because I have the brute at io +fury in followup and only against really hard targets.

EDIT: Just went and smacked a pylon. Saw 100% around 5 or 6 times. It, of course, doesn't last long.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba