Traps/Beam or Beam/Traps def vs cor

KaizenSoze

Scourge is generally better than vigilance if you plan to team.

FFG is a substantial buff to defense and both values are enough to reach softcap to all

You will get more damage from procs if you solo more than team. Only go for the higher Corr damage if you team with a lot of buffers often.

Damage scale is higher on a corruptor, but the -res you get from acid mortar and beam powers are higher on a defender. 

I'd go with a defender due to the higher amount of -res and the easier time you'll have reaching softcap. Both can softcap and be proccd out, but your higher -res powers on a defender really take the cake in my opinion.

• Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

This thread inspired me to take a shot at this as it looks like a fun character to run around with solo or in a team.  I went with defender as it was easier to add some extra damage through procs.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Traps
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Psychic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Web Grenade -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), ExpStr-Dam%(5)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(7), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal/+End(9)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Cutting Beam -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), PstBls-Dam%(15)
Level 8: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17), Rct-ResDam%(19), Ksm-ToHit+(19)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(25)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), EndRdx-I(25)
Level 14: Poison Trap -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(27), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(27), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29)
Level 16: Acid Mortar -- AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(A), AnlWkn-DefDeb(31), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(31), AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(33), AnlWkn-%ToHit(33)
Level 18: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 20: Seeker Drones -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(34), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(34)
Level 22: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 26: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(39)
Level 30: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(40), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 32: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), EndRdx-I(42)
Level 38: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 41: Dominate -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(45), GldNet-Dam%(46), NrnSht-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(48)
Level 47: Mind Over Body -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-ResDam(48), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(48), GldArm-RechEnd(50), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(11)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

Edited by Plays with Matches

• 3 weeks later
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 9:32 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Thank you Linea. I was struggling with the build.

Level 44 now. Still having fun.

Hi, do you play this in PuGs? Just wondered what your spawn to spawn playstyle is like and what can go wrong?

Open question to anyone too pls.

Edited by NEW DAWN

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

3 hours ago, NEW DAWN said:

Hi, do you play this in PuGs? Just wondered what your spawn to spawn playstyle is like and what can go wrong?

Open question to anyone too pls.

Common but not deal breaking problems

• You put your acid too far away from the center of the battle
  • You tried to put you acid mortar too close or quickly and you get the aggro
  • You get too much aggro trying to place poison trap
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Common but not deal breaking problems

• You put your acid too far away from the center of the battle
  • You tried to put you acid mortar too close or quickly and you get the aggro
  • You get too much aggro trying to place poison trap

If you lowered your threat level via stealth, would the shield generator take aggro, and when you get aggro travel suppression is a factor on repositioning for another placement?

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.