Scale Knockback Chance,Not Just Magnitude, Across ATs

oedipus_tex

1 minute ago, The Philotic Knight said:

There's nothing wrong with free speech as long as it doesn't cause harm to others, and all those involved realize that they are responsible for the results of that speech and the repercussions.

You're not wrong and I would never attack someone for some immutable aspect of their person or social group.  But I certainly don't think it's harmful to call a bullshitter on their bullshit...so I suppose it depends what one actually defines as "harm".

If it's any consolation, I get suspensions all the time on the Guild Wars 2 forums to the point I don't even bother posting their anymore.  But their moderation is so lopsided and automated, you can get temp banned if enough accounts flag your posts.  You can't even curse on their forums.

But this is all off topic.  I don't think anyone responded to my personal perspective that some sets can just benefit some ATs disproportionately as is the case with a variety of sets.  If Energy Blast gets the same mitigation regardless of AT, that is simply a feature of EB.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:40 PM, Wavicle said:

At which point I leave the team and put the team leader on my block list. This game is so incredibly easy and for anybody to take it so seriously that they block people for using knockback powers in a way they don’t like is Incredibly immature and self centered.

It is not a reasonable reaction. It is an over reaction.

It's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of irritation. It's fine to like KB. It's fine to hate KB. It doesn't make you a better or worse player anymore than hating a coworker's huge amount of perfume or week old microwaved fish makes you a bad employee. Its a matter of taste. You don't have to sit at their lunch table. Hell, you might sit with them on non-fish days. It's not like we only have one character slot.

People without IO's likely slow the team down more than KB. Joking around also probably slows down a team more than KB. 

17 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

You're not wrong and I would never attack someone for some immutable aspect of their person or social group.  

Except, it could be interpreted that you did just that.

The person you were saying Lying B to has a female seeming Forum Avatar.  

So your remark could easily be construed as an intentional, misogynistic attack.  

While I expect that was not your intention, and instead you meant to focus on the lying part. 

• Like 1