Altitis; noun. or verb?

Help me! I have altitis!

Like most people, I bounced around shards the first few weeks. I have a lvl 10-20 on most shards. Finally settled on Everlasting. I now have two lvl 20s - a Hero (Mind/Psi Dom) and a Villain (Dark/Time Corr). This week I'm working on my Villain Warshade.

Here I am at work, considering a Psi/Dark Stalker, a DM/Energy Brute, a Psi/Bio Brute, a....

When the game was live, it took me a few years to settle on a "main," though I did have a few alts. How do people do it?!

I like to think of it this way:

There's a specific combination of powers that fits me perfectly, but I don't know what combination it is. I'm going to experiment with different combinations until I find it. Plenty of stuff will feel fun, but nothing yet has been QUITE what I feel like I want, and so I'll keep trying until I get that perfect combo.

I like to think of it this way:

There's a specific combination of powers that fits me perfectly, but I don't know what combination it is. I'm going to experiment with different combinations until I find it. Plenty of stuff will feel fun, but nothing yet has been QUITE what I feel like I want, and so I'll keep trying until I get that perfect combo.

Huh. Never thought of it that way.

Part of it, too is concept. I have to be really invested in the power combo and concept.

Altitis is a noun, per my very wordy wife unit.

I had 30+ 50s on live.

How did I do it?

Like khy, I just kept switching.

Sometimes, 1-50 if I loved it and it became a favorite.

Mostly, jumped around and played what felt fun at that moment, for that mission with friends, etc.

Here and now, I honestly have as much time now as before to play.

Since there are multiple server groups coming online, now do we not only have so many ideas to try out, but we have entirely different communities in which to do so, with it growing I think.

Tsoo many ideas, Tsoo many servers, so much fun awaits.

I had 128 characters, 3 of which were level 50, and it took me more years than I remember to even get my first 50. Almost every time I played I'd play a different character, and more than likely I'd switch once or twice during the play session.

Even now, though I'm trying to force myself to play one at least up to 30, I've got nearly a dozen characters. Just that, so far,  every time I get a character idea I roll it up and leave it in the tutorial. So I have an 18, a 13, and a bunch of 1s.

I think I had ONE character get to 40-41.  One.  Played on launch day.  Played a lot of time off and on throughout the years to close.  I found out early on how many characters you can have in WoW across the entire account, several times.  If I had a graveyard of all the characters I have created and destroyed across all of the MMORPGS I spent more than a trial on, I would have had to start using poverty pits before Going Rogue to save space.  That doesn't even include what I've done since then.

I have to try every archetype/class/job/whatever.  I may not try every powerset/build/spec/whatever.  I have to try and explore every storyline.  Good thing Praetoria encourages alts...

The lightest MMORPG that I've had on this is The Secret World.  Once it went live, I managed to keep myself to 3 characters.  How?  I was in Beta and abused the crap out of learning the powersets on the early levels before the game went live.

The absolute worst has been City of Heroes.  DCUO and Champs MIGHT have done it if their mechanics were able to hook me to carry me through their stories.  Between different costume concepts as well as powerset combos or even powerset combos between ATs (e.g. Brute/Tanker variants), there is just SOOOO much to explore and to engage.  So far, I've rebuilt my main on this server set 3 times after rebuilding him the first time, and so far I think I'm done with him.  I've rebuilt a Dominator in to a Defender, and a Tanker in to a Dominator, and an old Tanker/Brute that has been rebuilt so many times that Brainiac is jealous.  And that doesn't even include new concepts that have come up since the game started, and another one that is bugging me to get started the last couple of days.

I'm Charistoph, and I'm an altoholic.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

It took me 2 or 3yrs or more on live to finally find the love of my life - Then M15F1T was born, a fire/trapper corrupter... she was perfect for me, everything I was looking for in playstyle and a pure joy to behold.

In the yrs playing her after her birth I never saw another fire/trapper on the server. Very few trappers period. Yet folks around me seemed to request her presence and preferred me turn up on her than any other of my many (and quite capable) alts. Which was fine by me.

So I agree with Khy - there's a build out there just waiting for you to find it. I'm lucky to have found mine already, although I must admit I do have a real soft spot for stalkers. ;)