Break Frees not breaking free?

Jaguaratron

I dont normally play classes without mez protection and I took a break and am recently back but noticed several time on my blaster that trying to use a Break Free of any size when mezed by sleep or holds are not activating, I can use them when the mez ends, but not while it is in effect.

Is this an intentional change? A weird bug? It looks like someone moved the code function of the old Strength of Will inspirations over to the Break Frees

I've not seen that happen. Although I don't bother to carry them anymore as a Blaster either. Just fire away with your 1 and 2 Blasts until the mez wears off. I'll experiment tonight and see whats happening on my Main.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

It's interesting that you noticed it on a blaster.  A couple of weeks ago I was duoing my MM with a blaster, and he was complaining that breakfrees weren't working while he was held.  I wasn't having any problem using them while held, so we couldn't figure out why he was.  Then after a while they started working again for him.  If they're bugged it's apparently something weird and intermittent.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

It's interesting that you noticed it on a blaster.  A couple of weeks ago I was duoing my MM with a blaster, and he was complaining that breakfrees weren't working while he was held.  I wasn't having any problem using them while held, so we couldn't figure out why he was.  Then after a while they started working again for him.  If they're bugged it's apparently something weird and intermittent.

Interesting, could be some kind of overlap of the "use tier 1 and 2 ranged attacks"

13 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Arent certain bosses/fights of a magnitude that 1 break free wint work?  (I play Brutes 90%time so unfamiliar)

they still go off, this effect was same as if trying to pop a green/yellow/red/blue when mezed as in they wouldnt activate and were not consumed, also wasnt boss fights, just random mobs with mez

I've never had one not work, but if you find it constant enough, then you may want to change the sound of them activating to this:

Ok, so I really just wanted to post it after reading the title. :p

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)