Darkest Night Missing Sounds & Flash Freeze Missing Visuals

Pandize

At the bottom of the post are two videos to both bugs being reported.

Today I finally unlocked Flash Freeze in the Ice Control Powerset and was upset when I realized it didn't do anything. The mechanics work, but the visuals appear then disappear rapidly. They just kinda sit there doing nothing.

Darkest Night in the Darkness Affinity Powerset does not have any sounds. When you use it, it'll just do the visuals.

There doesn't seem to be any weird circumstances where it does work. It seems to just always be bugged.

Videos;

Ice Control>Flash Freeze
https://streamable.com/voly6

Darkness Affinity>Darkest Night
https://streamable.com/ek4zv

[Edit - Temporary Fix]
To fix these issues, change Flash Freeze to it's original color. Using Color Tintable will bug out the visuals.
To fix Darkest Night, switch it from Soul Noir, to Color Tintable. This for some reason, will fix the audio.

Edited by Pandize
Temporary Fixes.

19 minutes ago, Pandize said:

Today I finally unlocked Flash Freeze in the Ice Control Powerset and was upset when I realized it didn't do anything. The mechanics work, but the visuals appear then disappear rapidly. They just kinda sit there doing nothing.

I notice your Flash Freeze has customized colors. Frozen Aura uses the same effects and does something similar when you have a custom color selected; it works as expected if you use the default color options, so I assume it's a problem with the custom graphics.

I wonder if Darkest Night has a similar problem and will play a sound if you use the default option?

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

46 minutes ago, Trickshooter said:

I notice your Flash Freeze has customized colors. Frozen Aura uses the same effects and does something similar when you have a custom color selected; it works as expected if you use the default color options, so I assume it's a problem with the custom graphics.

I wonder if Darkest Night has a similar problem and will play a sound if you use the default option?

I have seen the Ice bug happen a lot, it's been happening for a long time now...and yes, I color customize mine. However, with Darkest Night, I have not seen this before, and I have a Dark/Dark Defender who also color customizes it. I think that one is actually something going on with his sound options, because if you notice, when the enemy attacks him, there is no sound there either. I have not noticed any issues from my Dark/Dark Defender.

So after fiddling around with both of your replies. Default colors on Flash Freeze does fix it. Sadly I won't be able to keep my character as uniform as I wanted, so hopefully that gets patched.

For Darkest Night, I was using Soul Noir since it looked really nice. After switching it to Color Tintable, it fixed the audio. Soul Noir seems to be bugged on Darkest Night.

In short, well at least I can hear and see my abilities now. I just really want to be able to color my powers. It's still a bug that should be fixed hopefully in a later patch. Thank you guys so much!

• Like 1