Monkey Fight Club (It's Not a Secret Anymore)

VileTerror

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER!

Everything discussed in this thread in terms of "gambling," "wagering," or "betting" is strictly in terms of in-game roleplay combined with existing gameplay.

All players receive prizes equal-to- or greater than the Inf "wagered" in the fictional setting.  Prize exchanges include Salvage, Enhancements, and Inf.

Absolutely no real gambling takes place.  

Any actual illicit activities, as restricted by the Code of Conduct, will be reported.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Monkey_Fight_Club

screenshot_200423-22-01-43.jpg.2732435ab57d633f9ec045b26a1c9e78.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------- Next scheduled event: -------

Nothing presently scheduled.
Please Contact active account in forum or @VileTerror in-game to request a date and time.

Instructions on How to Wager:

1 - Wait until Commandant Nongratis announces that "Betting is Open" (or something to that effect).

2 - Send a Tell to Commandant Nongratis, stating the amount you wish to wager on which category (listed below).

3 - Initiate a Trade with Commandant Nongratis and send the total amount required for your wagers.  Minimum bet of 1,000.  Maximum per match of 10,000,000.

4 - Wait for the match to start!  Have a drink.  Make some friends.  Taunt some enemies.  Have a merry old time!

5 - Watch the Rikti Monkey Carnage!

6 - ???

7 - PROFIT! (assuming you bet on the winning Monkey or Team)

8 - Return to Commandant Nongratis and initiate a Trade to receive your payout.  NOTE!  Be quick, because  the Commandant wants to get betting going for the next match as soon as possible.

Special:

The final one to three matches in an evening will have improved payouts!  Usually x2 for third-last match, x3 for second-last match, and x10 for finale!

(This may change in the future, as these super payouts are draining the Commandant's bank something fierce.)

Last night I ran the numbers over at the Sharkhead Rikti Monkey Fight Club (since Pocket D's was apparently not working for some reason).

We had about 7 people turn up, and there was over 5,000,000 Inf in winnings given out, as well as Super Packs as Door Prizes for the folks who showed up.

It was such a success for an impromptu, last-minute event, I'm thinking of running these more often!  Who would be interested in participating in the future?  Do I have any volunteers to be my bookies?

Here are the Odds which were in play last night:

Colour - team wins

(Red, Blue, or Green)

pays 1:3

Flawless - team suffers no losses

(see above list)

pays 3:1

Specific Surviving Monkey - this monkey is still alive when match ends

(Red: Banana Bandito, The Banana-nator, Thing Kong)

(Blue: Dawrin's Bane, Furious BoBo, Furious George)

(Green: Nigel, Nigel's Friend, Captain Eeep!)

pays 5:3

Sole Surviving Monkey - ONLY this monkey is still alive when match ends

(see above list)

pays 9:1

Draw Match - no surviving monkeys at all

pays 25:1

Insanity Match - two or three teams have surviving Monkeys until the end

pays 100:1

These odds may change before the next event.  If we can figure out what prevented Pocket D's Monkeys from spawning and correct that, I would be happy to run the next event there instead (granted, the layout for the Sharkhead club is more conducive to placing bets).

Edited by VileTerror
Important Disclaimer and added link to ParagonWiki. Also added instructions. And next event. And picture.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later

I didn't get to stick around but I loved all attendants! It was nice to do some RPing outside of Pocket D. I had to dip out pretty early due to family wanting my attention though. Maybe next time Tina will be more comfortable and colorful. It's an odd situation to put her in, and it's been awhile since I last played her properly. Next time might be better! ... Assuming Freakshow aren't freaking her out, which I hope will happen again! 

• Like 1

@rajjypants - Everlasting Server

Yup! Tina made an announcement at the latest Monkey Fight Club!

There will be an Arachnos/Spiderling Scout recruitment event! Cookies will be eaten, recruitment will (hopefully) be had! We don't have a date set just yet, but planning is underway and EVERYONE is invited. Red, blue, somewhere in the middle... it's up to you! Bring who you want! A post will go up in the near future with details, so keep your eyes open!

• Thanks 2

@rajjypants - Everlasting Server

On 4/4/2020 at 4:02 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

No bar fights (yet), but there has definitely been some great roleplay and character development at past events!

Last night didn't happen; couldn't find any interested attendees.  Hopefully things will go better tonight or tomorrow evening.

I have a few alts that could fight (fairly OOC of course, we could use dice or take it to an arena. Whatever people want should a fight take place). Either way I love this idea and cant wait to contribute!

Original post updated with some instructions to hopefully cut down on the people trying to send wagers via emotes.

Seriously . . . I can not spot those with how fast things go in the chat at these events, so I'm going to have to just decline any wagers that aren't sent via Tells from now on.  Sorry if that's an inconvenience for anyone.

I love the idea that the devs probably discussed the possiblity of these events happening, then their game got murdered by NCsoft, now it's resurrected and these events are happening again. 

What a great event! Thanks for running!

• Thanks 1