Power and power set ideas.

klulka1

1 hour ago, VileTerror said:

Due to your Tick linkage, I am now imagining Tongue Melee entirely differently than I had originally.

"I can taste everything!"

EDIT to be on-topic

Spear melee (or thrusting alt-animations for staff)

Amorphous melee - character stands still so no animations; their player-defined blob attacks with particle effects instead (e.g. sand from your gourd, your animated shadow, etc).

If it's not clear, instead of formalizing a format where we define exactly how a thing should be designed, why not have a thread where we just toss out power set ideas at a high overview level?  Go nuts.

Edited by Replacement

9 minutes ago, Replacement said:

If it's not clear, instead of formalizing a format where we define exactly how a thing should be designed, why not have a thread where we just toss out power set ideas at a high overview level?

Well, you're certainly free to do what you like, but even just providing an outline of what a powerset would do helps the reader imagine what your intention is or how you imagine such a set working.

Regardless, here's some of my ideas:

1. Single pistol "blast" set - focusing more on accurate, high-damage attacks instead of dual pistol's flashier/gimmicky ones.

2. Thrown weapons/throwing knives ranged set - Either expand on the martial assault powers or utilize wholly new attacks.

3. Monster summoning;  This would be a mastermind primary, and you could use the hydra tentacles, devouring earth 'devoured', Rularuu watchers, to give the set a creepy/inhuman vibe.  Maybe use thorns/spines attacks to fill out the set.

4. Sonic armor - Basically utilize variants of sonic resonance powers to create an armor set.

5. Temporal armor - Similar to sonic armor, create an armor set utilizing the 'Time Manipulation' set.

6. Infernal Assault - Many have suggested some variant of this, but basically create a dominator secondary utilizing the whip attacks form the demon summoning mastermind primary along with appropriate melee attacks, (savage melee, claws, fire sword melee attacks, etc)...

Adding to the number:

- Fencing: a single-weapon melee set that is based on more graceful fencing moves. I noticed however Carnival Harlequins do reproduce this to an extent, but I don't recall having access to their same sword, which is available only for dual blades as a rapier. And the rest of the broadsword set really does not convey the idea of graceful fencing.

- Chakram: again taking inspiration from the ring used by carnival minions, a set that uses that and other circus performer tricks would be pretty lovely.

- Crossbow: it actually would be pretty badass, and it's a shame only npcs can use them. Even if not a full powerset it would be nice to have, maybe in a monster-hunting themed set?

- A blast set based around throwing shurikens and knives.

- A police mastermind set

• Like 1

I realize we already have cold/ice sets across multiple archtypes, but....

I really wish I could make a Captain Cold type character, with a freeze gun. 

Maybe a power set that is a cross between ice,  bream rifle, and dual pistols.

And, of course, we'd need the appropriate new Parka costume parts to go with it. :)

Time Control as a primary control set for Dominators only:

- Time Wall

- Time Stop

- Time Barricade (AoE version of Time Wall)

- Memory Distortion (Confuse)

- Aging Aura (-SPD, Minor DoT (Psionic))

- Time Shift

- Time Stop Field (AoE version of Time Stop)

- Memory Oppression (Fear)

- Temporal Singularity (same as the Singularity, but with Time Wall, Aging Touch, and Time Stop as its attacks)

Edited by EarlyGene

18 minutes ago, rebel_1812 said:

I would like to see some of the unimplemented pool powers added.  Please see the wiki if you don't know: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Power_Pools

I am talking about

Adding more pool powers dramatically increases the number of build options and basically buffs every existing set.

Force of Will is already in game and Experimentation is on the test server right now....

• Like 1