Procs and recharge:diminishing returns

Drake Hellspawn

I have another question on procs. The community was so helpful. I thought I try again. I read in another post that you do NOT want to have too much recharge in a proc because it will actually fire less. The OP had some formula attached and, to be honest, he lost me there. My basic question is: In an end build is it worth it to slot Gaussian's chance  for build up in my stalker's build up AND add another slot with 50+5 IO recharge? Would this put me in the position that it will actually fire less? 

18 minutes ago, Drake Hellspawn said:

I have another question on procs. The community was so helpful. I thought I try again. I read in another post that you do NOT want to have too much recharge in a proc because it will actually fire less. The OP had some formula attached and, to be honest, he lost me there. My basic question is: In an end build is it worth it to slot Gaussian's chance  for build up in my stalker's build up AND add another slot with 50+5 IO recharge? Would this put me in the position that it will actually fire less? 

Not really the Gaussian proc fires 1 per minute IIRC and I've found that, unless I'm running stupidly high recharge builds, that it will fire off every time, it's only when it creeps into the sub 30 seconds that it won't fire off every time. I personally always slap in the Gaussian proc and 1 50+5 Recharge IO.

It depends on the cast time of your particular build up. So let's say worst case scenario you have the fast build up (0.73s cast time), then you are allowed up to 68.95% recharge to still maintain 90% chance of firing.

90s /(54s-0.73s) = 1.6895 = Base + 68.95% recharge added.

Like Haijinx said, you have to factor in Alpha. If you have Spiritual or Agility, then you will surpass that threshold using a +5 IO (53%). Otherwise, you'll be fine.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

For more information, the formula you're wanting is the first FAQ in my PPM guide (link in signature). Here is the excerpt, just note that in your case the PPM is 1 and the AreaMod is 1:

Frequently Asked Questions:

1) How much enhanced recharge can I put into a click-power and still achieve the maximum 90% Proc probability?

If the Proc has a greater than 90% probability to Proc without enhancement, you can calculate the maximum allowed enhanced recharge as follows:

image.png.3f7ca36eb745ee4baf9a9342df975c43.png

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn