Mind/Psi Perma Dom, Boosters +5 and exemplaring

Mansome

I wanted to ask what is the lowest possible level to get perma dom on a Mind/Psi. I have a build I am working on that I will try post later once I get to my other computer.  In this build I have a lot of enhancements that cap out at level 30 and wanted to know if I should just use attuned versions for those instead or just boost them to +5. If I boost them to 30 +5 will these effectively be level 35? would the exemplaring for these set bonuses stop sooner like at 32 instead of 27? Also if I do +5 common IOs say like level 50 would the +5 get removed if I put them in base storage or email them to another alt? Can perma dom happen without hasten or base salvage buffs? If hasten is a must should I 3 slot it with 50 +5's? Lastly at what level when exemplarying causes the enhancement values to scale down and how does this work with boosted enhancements?

To easily answer your question, just attune all your IOs. It's costly but it helps. Or just use sets in the 30 range to min/max your set bonuses. I would first work on attuning purples/ATOs first. Also using that set you get from Summer blockbuster is good if you frakenslot it. I've had perma dom at 22 is my lowest. But that also depending on me using either unrelenting together with unleash potential along with hasten, or using me using frenzy which automatically refills domination bar and has a 5 minute recharge time. 

Edited by mbre2006

14 hours ago, Mansome said:

If I boost them to 30 +5 will these effectively be level 35? would the exemplaring for these set bonuses stop sooner like at 32 instead of 27? 

I have the same question.  If I boost a level 30 IO to +5, and exempt to 27, does it act like a lvl 35 IO?  Or is it useless since it is considered to be too high to be used at lvl 27?

Who run Bartertown?

A standard schedule A IO gives 34.6% at level 30 and 36.7% at level 35.  If you +5 the level 30, it gives 43.5% (edit:  You can see this effect in Mids.).  If you are higher level, the exemplar rules for enhancement will cap that at 41.5% (LINK).  So, for example, if you are level 50 and exemplar to level 27, the 30+5 would give 41.5*0.811=33.66% enhancement, whereas the level 35 would give 36.7*0.811= 29.76% enhancement.

The math is the same for multi-stat enhancements, you just aren't likely to hit the cap to worry about it cutting it down to 41.5 first.

The level 30+5 IO is still level 30 for set bonus exemplar purposes, so the set bonuses would work down to level 27.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 3

There are circumstances when attuning PVPs is reasonable. For example, an attuned PVP can be slotted as low as lvl 10 (they will work to lvl 7, but for some reason I feel like some IOs can't be slotted until lvl 10) and will scale with the character. A lower (than 50+) level PVP will max out at it's level.

Almost one year into Homecoming and I've recycled quite a few attuned PVP sets while levelling up. There aren't many PVP sets that stay in my lvl 50 builds, which contributes to the recycling.

The purple (Superior) sets can't be slotted until lvl 50. I've never tried to attune one and unslot it to see if a lower level toon could use one, but I suspect it wouldn't be slottable. In any case, unless a toon is PLed to 50 and has a big bankroll there shouldn't even be a temptation to attune Purple IOs.

Yeah, the PvP sets don't scale UP in enhancement value like regular attuned sets.  The set bonuses do scale down like regular attuned sets.  (https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/PvP_IO_Sets)

So, the set bonuses for PvP IOs are attuned, but the enhancement values are not.  So, for enhancement values, you might need to replace lower level ones with high level ones, which isn't a problem you have with standard attuned sets.

I forgot to note that as the only PvP IOs I use regularly are the single use specials (+3 defense, +5 resist), and I always just buy those at level 10.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, Caulderone said:

Yeah, the PvP sets don't scale UP in enhancement value like regular attuned sets.  The set bonuses do scale down like regular attuned sets.  (https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/PvP_IO_Sets)

So, the set bonuses for PvP IOs are attuned, but the enhancement values are not.  So, for enhancement values, you might need to replace lower level ones with high level ones, which isn't a problem you have with standard attuned sets.

I forgot to note that as the only PvP IOs I use regularly are the single use specials (+3 defense, +5 resist), and I always just buy those at level 10.

What I been doing is getting them all as level 50s unless its the unique that gives a special ability. I was thinking of +5ing these at level 50 once I have the boosters. What about Hami-o's I remember long ago in a Paragon City far far away we used to see level 53 HO's/SHO's. Is there any chance the devs would bring this back as an option or at least allow us to boost them to that level so you know you have everything as max as possible.

On 3/3/2020 at 7:45 PM, Mansome said:

What I been doing is getting them all as level 50s unless its the unique that gives a special ability. I was thinking of +5ing these at level 50 once I have the boosters.

I certainly have boosted both PVP and Superior IOs, but pay close attention to what you are boosting because if you have already 5-slotted such a set, Enhancement Diversification penalties kick in pretty fast for most of the attributes being boosted. If you are relying on procs, you especially want to see what is happening with Recharge boosters.