Necro/FF Builds?

Saebeas

Okay, please know this is my last resort. I have been gun-shy with asking for builds, and I see a lot of replies to similar questions that look like, "Go on mids and try out some stuff." I seriously had a look at mid's and I'm admittedly just plain overwhelmed. So, I have gotten down to hard quoted google searching for necro/ff builds and there's virtually nothing on the internet. Oddly, I got more "Tree of Savior" hits than City of Heroes. There was a 7zip file someone uploaded, but the builds seemed either outdated, very strange (Not taking zombie horde or lich???), or incomplete.

I'm just wondering if anyone has played Necro/FF and come upon a build that works nicely, (I'd prefer kicks ass, but with the lack of info I can find I'm beginning to wonder if it's because the build isn't even viable?) 

and would be willing to share it or help me out. I appreciate all you guys and your feedback thus far and into the future. 

I never tried this combo, but FF is typically a dull and boring set.... pairing it with a low AoE set like necromancy. . . .I have to ask, do you have any sleep problemss you want to fix? cause you will fall asleep!!!

Jk tho.

FF is one of the best sets for  survivability and zombies also are nice with their self healz, it would pair well I guess, just dont expect to kill large packs of monsters fast.

altough if you want to kick ass with zombies, I`d recommend /dark, /thermal , / cold or even /sonic

or go bots/FF or demons/FF 

• Like 1

This should be a very solid combo.  You won’t kill things quickly as FF has no damage buff powers and generally Masterminds gain force multiplier powers that increase damage or reduce resistances. 

Defensively you may have overkill near maxing Defense and putting out significant to hit debuff.  Your minions have self heals and status protection.  You get a self heal.  

Take all Necromancy powers but the attacks. The only attack you want is Life Drain for some self healing.  

Here is the go to for Force Shields.  Force Shield it’s also good at positioning so don’t forget that   

Edited by Talionis
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 3/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, Rieitdd said:

I never tried this combo, but FF is typically a dull and boring set.... pairing it with a low AoE set like necromancy. . . .I have to ask, do you have any sleep problemss you want to fix? cause you will fall asleep!!!

Jk tho.

FF is one of the best sets for  survivability and zombies also are nice with their self healz, it would pair well I guess, just dont expect to kill large packs of monsters fast.

altough if you want to kick ass with zombies, I`d recommend /dark, /thermal , / cold or even /sonic

or go bots/FF or demons/FF 

I like Necro/Sonic - and sonic with Green hues is pretty nifty for thematics 😜

• 4 months later
On 8/17/2020 at 5:08 AM, Martin00 said:

Hi can anyone tell me which weapon is the best for Necro. I would like to get some good equipment but I don't know what to look for. 

Well I'm not sure what you mean by 'weapon' or 'equipment'. MMs don't get weapon power sets, and there is no WoW-esque gearing such as armor pieces or enchanted jewelry.

There are some temporary weapon powers you can pick up, through  missions or the Pay2Win vendor, such as Gabriel's Hammer or the Crey Freeze Ray. 

For Necromancy attacks, Gloom is the only one I'd take from the primary power set for decent damage (and debuff), and possibly Life Drain if you want a self heal because your secondary lacks one.

Perhaps create a new thread topic for further discussion? While OP was interested in Necro/ FF, I'd recommend other secondaries for Necro, Dark Miasma being my top pick. Cheers.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

• 2 weeks later
On 8/17/2020 at 8:08 PM, Martin00 said:

Hi can anyone tell me which weapon is the best for Necro. I would like to get some good equipment but I don't know what to look for. 

icon_item_wing_fairy_guilty.png

What about the damage type being arcane, is that also the best or is there no change in that because nothing uses a certain damage % buff?. Just really interested to know if it is indeed the single and absolute perfect roll or not, as a wizard i know elemental damage has it's say.

12 hours ago, Albertbogane said:

What about the damage type being arcane, is that also the best or is there no change in that because nothing uses a certain damage % buff?. Just really interested to know if it is indeed the single and absolute perfect roll or not, as a wizard i know elemental damage has it's say.

I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to with the “arcane” reference. While each character has an origin (tech, natural, magic, mutant, or science), almost all powers have a damage type (or delivery) tag (e.g. smashing, lethal, fire, etc.).

Here’s a discussion of it on the wiki

Edited by Nyghtmaire
  • Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Necro damage type is generally:

Zombies: Smashing and Toxic

Grave Knights: Lethal and Negative Energy

Lich: Negative Energy

This is actually a good mix of damage types. You can give damage proc IOs to Grave Knights (% negative energy) and Lich (% negative energy) that will improve their damage. You can also add an IO to Grave Knights to give them a % for either Lethal Damage or -DamageResistance (so that other attacks that land for a period of time do more damage). I'd opt for the -DamResist over more lethal damage, myself. If you get to Incarnate powers, you can add more damage types through the Interface power's damage proc. I typically go Spectral with Necro/Dark since its a control-themed pairing, so why not have a small % Immobilize with high % negative energy damage. With so many pet attacks, its very likely you will stack this multiple times. In fact, MMs are the best users of Interface incarnate powers due to the sheer number of attacks they and their pets put out (as Redlynne says, 'Rollng the Dice"). 

I've been wanting to post builds for */Dark and I might just do it today. It is my favorite pairing with many of the primaries (particularly Demons, Necromancy, Thugs, Bots, Beasts). 

I wish you well. Oh, please do read the wiki link @Nyghtmaire posted above, knowing the mechanics just a little bit better (and terminology) will help you get the best answers to your questions to help you out 🙂 

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds