So I want to go through the Praetoria story

I never really got the chance to do more than dip my toe in the Praetorian stuff when the game was live, but now that it’s back I want to actually run through the story arcs. What are some highlights/must-see contacts or arcs? What’s a more interesting path to take? I’m naturally leaning more towards Resistance, but is Loyalist maybe worth a second look? 

Ideally, you should try and do all the contacts of any of the four alignments in order. It's worth keeping an eye on the wiki to test if you're about to outlevel any of them. The stories can get really messy if you don't. I even got hurled into the wrong faction at one point. They tend to cluster in ranges of 5.

Devs please increase the level ranges.

As for favourite, I think I liked the Resistance Wardens the most. They're all pretty good.

Edited by Lines

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1797-loyalist-resistance-switching-alignments-every-time-for-praetorians/

I found this guide very helpful.

What I've found:

Levels 1-4: Praetor White (though the rescue police officers in the tunnels can be a pain. Sometimes it's a small map, sometimes it's a massive map.)

Levels 4-8 or 9: One of the four arcs. If you want to do more than one, turn off experience before you hit level 10.

Levels 8-14: You might get through this stretch with just one arc, you might need to supplement it with other missions, either from the random mission contact or a second arc.

Levels 14-20: One arc is not enough to get through these levels.

• Thanks 1

Well, there are different types of ambushes. There are the ones that are keyed in on your character and attack immediately, there are ones that are keyed into a location and need to see you before attacking, and the odd ones that are keyed into your character's location that need to see you before attacking, but will follow you around until you're visible.

It can be fun to do all of the story arcs in one run, though you will need to turn off xp at levels 10, 15, and 20 to complete all arcs and get the badges.  You will out level Nova Praetoria contacts at 11, Imperial City at 16, and Neutropolis at 21 so plan accordingly. There are a few gotchas you need to be aware of first as some contacts will be removed from the game depending on what missions you do. Review the guide posted above and you will be fine.  Also, I find having some form of stealth is beneficial for most of the missions. Alternatively, you can just run by all the yard trash as they (mostly) do not follow.  Some missions however have ambushes that will continue to spawn and follow you anywhere, even through elevators. If you find things are too tough, you can always set difficulty to -1.

• Like 1