How about a P2W item that lets you gain inf.

Could be the inverse of the xp boost.

Boost inf gained and lower xp gained.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

INF is easy enough to come by as it is, especially if using Inventions.  It's only when you need to completely reslot EVERYTHING every 5 Levels when using SOs that you run into cash flow problems while leveling up in which you're permanently starved for INF until reaching Level 50.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

INF is easy enough to come by as it is, especially if using Inventions.  It's only when you need to completely reslot EVERYTHING every 5 Levels when using SOs that you run into cash flow problems while leveling up in which you're permanently starved for INF until reaching Level 50.

You haven't reached 50 yet, have you?

Cause I promise you, the cash flow problems do not stop there...

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

There is a big difference between struggling to have enough to slot powers, and struggling to have enough to slot best in slot enhancements.  It's not hard to get recipes or money even before level 50.  It's incredibly easy in fact. 

It just gets very expensive when you start to slot/buy/craft all your end game sets. 

There is a big difference between struggling to have enough to slot powers, and struggling to have enough to slot best in slot enhancements.  It's not hard to get recipes or money even before level 50.  It's incredibly easy in fact. 

It just gets very expensive when you start to slot/buy/craft all your end game sets.

Yup. ^^^

If you are fine with Common IOs, there's NO problem with the system as-is. It works just fine, and if you can't get it to work, let us know and we'll help you out with straegies/tips/etc.

However, if you're talking about SET IOs, especially uncommons, rares, and purples? Yeah, that's asking for all the cool toys for free, no. You need to WORK for those things, that's why they're NOT COMMON.

I'm out.

So one thing I think people aren't really talking about is that if your goal is to be able to buy stuff on the market then asking for Inf rates to be increased is a BAD idea. Market prices are based on the ratio of inf to stuff people earn. So if you increase inf drop rates without increasing the rate at which stuff drops then prices will increase to match and we're basically all back where we started.

Right now if you need some cash the best option is to get some merits and trade those for stuff you can sell. Enhancement Boosters seem to be one of the more profitable options at the moment since they're going for 2-3million each and only cost 5 merits. Enhancement Converters have a similar inf:merit ratio since they're half a merit each and sell for 200K. There might be some more profitable options but those are the best ones I found when I wanted some cash a few days ago.

Defender Smash!

So one thing I think people aren't really talking about is that if your goal is to be able to buy stuff on the market then asking for Inf rates to be increased is a BAD idea. Market prices are based on the ratio of inf to stuff people earn. So if you increase inf drop rates without increasing the rate at which stuff drops then prices will increase to match and we're basically all back where we started.

Right now if you need some cash the best option is to get some merits and trade those for stuff you can sell. Enhancement Boosters seem to be one of the more profitable options at the moment since they're going for 2-3million each and only cost 5 merits. Enhancement Converters have a similar inf:merit ratio since they're half a merit each and sell for 200K. There might be some more profitable options but those are the best ones I found when I wanted some cash a few days ago.

Actually converters are 1/3 merit each.  So same ratio.  5 merits nets you 15 which sell for ~200k each or 3 mil.  It's the first thing i do on my toons with first arc.  Covers my initial set of IO's for every toon and its very easy to fully gear them in level 25 IO's as soon as I hit 22. 

AFAIK, going into the menu and disabling Experience will earn you double Inf, correct? A different mechanic than the P2W scenario, but still effective. 200% inf and 0% XP.

Obsidius

Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch

NW-738

AFAIK, going into the menu and disabling Experience will earn you double Inf, correct? A different mechanic than the P2W scenario, but still effective. 200% inf and 0% XP.

I don't believe that's the case. Only by exlemparing do you earn x2 Inf for 0x XP.

Yes, but I think that what the OP was asking is for some intermediate steps between "Full XP" and "No XP" -- since we already have a 100% Inf boost at -100% XP, that would be a 25% Inf boost with 3/4 XP, 50% Inf boost with 1/2 XP, and 75% Inf boost with 1/4 XP. It's a convenience thing, so you can just queue up the modifiers and play without worrying about turning XP off and on to get the relative inf rate you want.

The INF boost would have to be limited in some way so that it's not available at max level (or scales down the higher level you are), otherwise the economy would go into hyperinflation again.

What if the boost decays by 2% of its' total value for every character level you gain, so that once you hit 50 there's no bonus INF to gain?

To prevent a situation where players deliberately stop their toon at some "optimum" level and farm infinite INF from that level, the maximum Inf/XP tradeoff would have to be lower than +100/-100 as well.