Are we coming up on One Year? We're coming up on One Year.

Next month, right?  That's when the anniversary will be for this whole revival becoming open to the sight of so many players and fans.

How are you going to celebrate?  How are -we- going to celebrate?!  Does anyone have any plans?

Or should we wait specifically for Homecoming's 1 year anniversary?

• Like 1

I believe the code was first leaked in mid April, and the first server "Bree", was up a week, or two later, if memory serves.  Then there was a fake C&D scare that caused the proprietor of that server to become alarmed enough to pull support, and shut it down.  It took a few days, perhaps a week, before Torchbearer was born.  That would have been early, to perhaps mid May, and has been in operation ever since.  So, depending on which milestone event you are commemorating, we are getting close to the first of them.

Personally, I still consider it to be one of the miraculous things I've seen in my life.  Something that I loved, lost, wished desperately to have back, and actually got back.  It's just not something that happens too often in life.  There are so many other games that had devoted followings, that wished for the same thing, and never saw it happen.  We really are quite fortunate to have this game back, and thriving, as we do.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 3

What was no more, is REBORN!

Hmmm...I created characters the first day Torchbearer came online, and the earliest date I can find so far is April 29th.  But, it's possible I might have concentrated on the first one in for a few days before I created the rest from saved costume/power files.  

In any case, we are at least 6 weeks away from the anniversary of Torchbearer.  Perhaps a little over a month from the creation of the short lived "Bree" server anniversary, and just short of a month from the anniversary of the code leak.  So, I say...let's establish exact dates, and organize events to commemorate each one in-game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!