Homecoming Server Update (March 28th): Page 5 Testing, Anniversary Badge and more!

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello everyone! Got quite a few things to discuss today.

Issue 26, Page 5 Testing
Page 5 is nearly ready for release, so we’d like to get as many players as possible testing it this weekend. Specifically, we’d like you to log in and run normal teams through normal content (ideally a normal team with no more than 1-2 Electrical Affinity characters!) on the Staging shards ("HC Staging" in Tequila / Island Rum). Assuming we get enough testing and no major issues arise, we aim to publish Page 5 to the live servers next week.

Check out the Beta FAQ for information on accessing the beta servers, and character copies to the Staging shards are now available in the Beta Account Center.

Patch Notes: [Staging] Patch Notes for March 28th, 2020 (Issue 26, Page 5 - Release Candidate 3)

Safe Mode Discontinuation Is Imminent

As we announced in January, Safe Mode is being discontinued when Page 5 hits the live servers. If you are still running the Safe Mode client, you must test the Staging client (see the above section on Page 5 Testing) and report back.

If you’re not able to run either the new 32-Bit or 64-Bit client on the Staging server please post in this thread if you need support with Windows or post in this thread if you need support with Mac OS X. Not everyone will be able to run both 64-Bit and 32-Bit, as long as one works you’re fine.

16th Anniversary Badge
The 16th anniversary is upon us, which means it’s time to pick the name of the badge!

gPnJi8G.png

If you have any suggestions please reply to this thread! We’ll then pick our favourites and host a public poll to decide upon the final name.

The requirements: it has to be one word, and it should be usable to describe a character; Celebrant is someone who celebrates, Rhapsodic is someone who is exceptionally emotional, Torchbearer is someone who carries a torch, Timeless is someone who is not affected by the passage of time. We're following the same theme. Excelsior! was a one-off exception.

GM_Bot, at your service!
We’ve recently deployed a fleet of automated GM_Bots to the live servers. These friendly automated GMs are there to help our real, organic GMs by expediting various tasks that previously required a lot of manual work to complete, as well providing a link between the game and our out-of-game GM tools.

Please be aware that they are actual bots, not humans, so you won’t get any helpful responses when messaging them. You may get something else though...

As always if you need support please submit an in-game /petition or head to the support page and one of our human GMs will get back to you as soon as possible!

Homecoming Folding@home Team
Last week we started the City of Heroes: Homecoming Folding@home team in an effort to contribute towards researching the Coronavirus pandemic, and the response so far has been incredible!

• Over 400 of you have contributed to the team
  • We've completed nearly 9,000 work units and generated over 225 million points
  • We're placed 572 (out of 244,560 teams) for the entire month of March (despite only being active for 9 days!)

To thank those that are contributing, we're giving away a bunch of prizes each month. In total, there's 15,750 Reward Merits and 30 permanent costume powers up for grabs! Check out the full details here.

That's all for today!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I think because it is the 16th anniversary, what jumps out to me immediately is "Sweet Sixteen" and the fact that when you're in high school (around that age), there is likely homecoming. I think "Homecoming" should actually be well within the title, and the fact that Homecoming reopened City of Heroes, I believe very well does justify that. "Homecoming ----" seems like a very reasonable badge idea. What immediately comes to mind for me is "Homecoming Excelsior" or "Stayed for Homecoming" "Homecoming King/Queen." Implying you've been around for a very long time and appreciated the game as old as it is. 🙂

Edited by Zeraphia
  • Like 5

GM_Bots?! Awesome.. I think.

16 year anniversary badge suggestion: Golden

Anniversary Badges

Badge anniversary 1.png Celebrant   Log in during the month of May, 2005
Badge anniversary 2.png Reveler   Log in during the month of May, 2006
Badge anniversary cov.png Pursuer / Elusive   Log in during the month of November, 2006
Badge anniversary 3.png Merrymaker   Log in during the month of May, 2007
Badge anniversary 4.png Entertainer   Log in during the month of May, 2008
Badge anniversary 5.png Jubilant   Log in during the month of May, 2009
Badge anniversary 6.png Exultant   Log in during the month of May, 2010
Badge anniversary 7.png Lucky   Log in during the month of May, 2011
Badge anniversary 8.png Rhapsodic   Log in during the month of May, 2012

Quarterly Badges

Badge vr months 003.png Trustworthy  3 months (April, 2011) Badge vr months 006.png Faithful  6 months (January, 2011)
Badge vr months 009.png Dependable   9 months (October, 2010) Badge vr months 012.png Loyal  12 months (July, 2010)
Badge vr months 015.png Zealous   15 months (April, 2010) Badge vr months 018.png Staunch  18 months (January, 2010)
Badge vr months 021.png Steadfast   21 months (October, 2009) Badge vr months 024.png Devoted  24 months (July, 2009)
Badge vr months 027.png Dedicated   27 months (April, 2009) Badge vr months 030.png Committed  30 months (January, 2009)
Badge vr months 033.png Unswerving   33 months (October, 2008) Badge vr months 036.png Addicted  36 months (July, 2008)
Badge vr months 039.png Ardent   39 months (April, 2008) Badge vr months 042.png Fervent  42 months (January, 2008)
Badge vr months 045.png Eternal   45 months (October, 2007) Badge vr months 048.png Battle Hardened  48 months (July, 2007)
Badge vr months 051.png Tried and True   51 months (April, 2007) Badge vr months 054.png Allegiant  54 months (January, 2007)
Badge vr months 057.png Abiding   57 months (October, 2006) Badge vr months 060.png City Traveler  60 months (July, 2006)
Badge vr months 063.png Honorable   63 months (April, 2006) Badge vr months 066.png Enduring  66 months (January, 2006)
Badge vr months 069.png Genuine   69 months (October, 2005) Badge vr months 072.png Distinguished  72 months (July, 2005)
Badge vr months 075.png Resolute   75 months (April, 2005) Badge vr months 078.png Purposeful  78 months (January, 2005)
Badge vr months 081.png Uncompromising   81 months (October, 2004) Badge vr months 084.png Loyal Customer  84 months (July, 2004)
Badge vr months 087.png Tenacious   87 months (April, 2004) Badge vr months 087.png Tenacious  87 months (April, 2004)
Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Retired Developer

Established or Unstoppable

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Homebody.

It's the Homecoming servers, and lots of places are doing self-quarantine right now.

• Like 4

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

I suggest the badge name "Resilient" -- I think it describes this community and our game pretty well.

• Like 1

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API