Armour Visuals

Ultimo

I've been tinkering with my Sentinel, and was trying to find a defensive set I liked for him.  I settled on Electric Armour, but found that there's no minimal fx setting in the visuals.

I don't know how difficult it would be to do it, but my suggestion is to provide us with a minimal fx setting for ALL the defensive sets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Usually the sets that get a minimal FX setting are ones that either hugely cover up your character (Bio Armour and Ice Armour) or are more about an inherent property of your character's body (WP, SR, Invulnerability).

Sets that defend you through putting up a barrier of some kind, be it stone or electricity, haven't been given a minimal FX option because it's the thing that actually protects you. It wouldn't be Shield Defence without a shield, after all. Picking one of the low-saturation colours for Electric Armour usually does the job pretty well in the meantime.

Maybe the devs decide to eventually add minimal FX options to everything but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Best bet is to use the darkest color Bright setting for most sets. Though I will say I'm a bit annoyed at Dark Armor in this regard--Minimal FX Obsidian Shield still has your character pulse a dark color, and No Fade/Pulse still has FX... with no way to compromise between these and get actual zero FX.

I would like some alternate Fx for a few powersets though. 

Case in point:  If I ever make a Stone Armor character, they will never take Granite Armor. They will get by with the lower-tier powers, because I didn't spend that long in the costume select to just run around as a stone slab.  What's most useful or beneficial is entirely secondary to style points.

The one that has been bothering me recently isn't an armour power at all. Frozen fists in the ice melee set has no min fx option to match the min fx settings for all the ice armour powers. It looks really silly having the huge ice blocks appear on your arms when the rest of you just has the more subtle frosty fx.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:37 PM, Blastit said:

Usually the sets that get a minimal FX setting are ones that either hugely cover up your character (Bio Armour and Ice Armour) or are more about an inherent property of your character's body (WP, SR, Invulnerability).

Sets that defend you through putting up a barrier of some kind, be it stone or electricity, haven't been given a minimal FX option because it's the thing that actually protects you. It wouldn't be Shield Defence without a shield, after all. Picking one of the low-saturation colours for Electric Armour usually does the job pretty well in the meantime.

Maybe the devs decide to eventually add minimal FX options to everything but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I know, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

• Like 1