Find Contact : Enough of the First Ward / Night Ward spam

Carnifax

So when you hit level 20 all the way to 50 the Find Contact button in the UI gets almost totally filled with First Ward & Night Ward contacts. I've no problem with one or two to get you trying that content but 90% of the list becomes FW / NW making it hard to find the older contacts in Bricks, Founders and PI. 

Could we have a bit of a run through that logic to point people at other contacts? I ran the Revenant Project arc over the weekend and (other than the occasional PP doing it's Immortal Mode every now and then) it was a lot of fun with the 8 man PuGs I was running with my Stalker. I'd quite like to find other old arcs. Can't remember the last time I ran Freakolympics for example. 

I'd also quite like Vigs & Rogues to be able to pick up Praetoria and other side contacts too, just to open the arcs up a bit but understand others mightn't like that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Razor Cure said:

Maybe expand the FInd COntacts, letting you show them by side? Blue/red/gold.

I don't know how much that would help in the OP's case, since they're ... sort of all over. The First/Night ward contacts could be argued to not be "gold" since they're post-20 (despite being in Praetoria. The zones are a bit odd.) Or on the flip side, they'd be legitimately gold and blue or gold and red, for instance.

Maybe expanding the list into an actual *list,* or giving options for "in this zone," or something, on top of the "Do not show again" check?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I always assumed this feature rolled out in the First/Night Ward update and Paragon Studios intended to (but never did) go back and add more content to it as time allowed.

I think one of the best things HC could do on the "content" side of the game is simply making a pass on Contacts.  Particularly: Increasing level ranges and allowing walk-up introductions (or adding more introduction methods).

On 3/30/2020 at 11:32 PM, Greycat said:

I don't know how much that would help in the OP's case, since they're ... sort of all over. The First/Night ward contacts could be argued to not be "gold" since they're post-20 (despite being in Praetoria. The zones are a bit odd.) Or on the flip side, they'd be legitimately gold and blue or gold and red, for instance.

Maybe expanding the list into an actual *list,* or giving options for "in this zone," or something, on top of the "Do not show again" check?

In theory the First Ward ones only go to level 30 and the NW to 40. And there's no need for so many of them. I mean I get the Talos contact who sends you there and a couple of actual inzone contacts as well. Seems weird. And they never expire.

Similarly for Night Ward I get loads of them (4 or 5) and they never bugger off once I hit 40 and have in theory outlevelled them. 

I'd say the intention was this would always be some form of a semi-curated list, that as Issues went on they'd be edited / replaced with newer content so as to no longer show or have finite availability but whatever flags control it have never been adjusted for these contacts, so they stay forever.