Increase recipe drop rates please

31 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

to your first point about 'certain purple sets' - that's what converters are for.

as to your last bit - check your set bonuses in-game and you'll see that luck of the gambler's 7.5 is listed differently than any other 7.5. can have 5x of both.

Oh shit really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the new information makes setting out easier. 

38 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

The crafted IO supply is also low, especially for certain purple sets.

In most cases it's "low" as in, you might either have to wait a couple of days or pay a slightly higher price... which will be a miniscule fraction of what you'd have paid on live for the same purple. Supply was much lower relative to demand there, so it's not clear that a slight decrease in the supply on Homecoming will bring about disaster.

And, of course, converters are cheap and plentiful. I'm not sure it's a problem if you end up doing some of your own converter rolling, and additionally that means the supply of those purples will be low not non-existent, because the people who do converter rolling for money are busy night and day trying to make those purples in order to sell them to you.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

2 hours ago, thunderforce said:

In most cases it's "low" as in, you might either have to wait a couple of days or pay a slightly higher price... which will be a miniscule fraction of what you'd have paid on live for the same purple. Supply was much lower relative to demand there, so it's not clear that a slight decrease in the supply on Homecoming will bring about disaster.

And, of course, converters are cheap and plentiful. I'm not sure it's a problem if you end up doing some of your own converter rolling, and additionally that means the supply of those purples will be low not non-existent, because the people who do converter rolling for money are busy night and day trying to make those purples in order to sell them to you.

I need to figure out converters. I don't use them much at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSpiritFox said:

I need to figure out converters. I don't use them much at all. 

Converters In a Nutshell

• can be bought for merits at a rate of 3 converters per merit.  can only buy 3 for 1 merit, or 30 for 10 merits.  no higher quantities available. though you can just click "Buy" more times.
  • if you have piles of influence, often worth buying converters from influence instead of merits. Your milage may vary.
  • Converters only work on Enhancements, NOT on Recipes.  Craft, THEN convert.
  • There are several types of Conversions.  
  • NOTE:  If you are converting a levelled (Non-Attuned) IO, the result will be an IO of the same level.  This means if you're converting a level 15 IO, it can never ever ever ever become a Luck of the Gambler, because LotG has a minimum level of 25.  Know the high / low ranges of your sets. 
  • If you have no patience to DO the converting and selling of converted results, you can always post the Converters for sale directly.  Someone will always buy them. 

Conversion Types: 

• IN SET CONVERSIONS:   what it says.  the thing you convert will become a different IO in the same set.  Costs 3 Converters per In Set Conversion, the most expensive mode.  But if you get a Luck of the Gambler Endurance/Recharge, you can use this mode until you get the shiny +7.5% Global Recharge that you really want.  Same with Steadfast Protection Resistance/Endurance to shazam it into the Res/+3% Defense piece.
  • OUT-OF-SET CONVERSIONS:  also what it says.  the thing you convert will become an IO from a completely different set.  Exact cost here can vary.  Once you choose the "Out of Set Conversions" radio button, there is a dropdown next to it that gives the sub-type of conversion.  Some methods you can choose, some are locked in. 
    • OUT-OF-SET (BY RARITY):    The result will be an IO of any set of the same rarity.  Rares stay Rares, Uncommons stay Uncommons.  But HIbernation (Uncommon Sleep) could become Steadfast Protection (Uncommon Resistance), and Ghost Widow's Embrace (Rare Hold) could become Kinetic Combat (Rare Melee).   These cost 1 converter per roll.
    • OUT-OF-SET (BY TYPE):   the result will be an IO of the same TYPE, but not necessarily the same rarity.  Defense will stay Defense, but Serendipity (End/Res) could become Reactive Defenses Scaling Damage Resistance.   Immobilize will remain Immobilize but Enfeebled Operations (uncommon) could become Trap of the Hunter (rare).   This costs 2 converters per roll.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a yellow or an orange into a purple by this conversion type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-pvp into a pvp by this conversion type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-ATO into an ATO by this type.
      • to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to turn a non-Winter-O into a Winter-O by this type.
    • PVP:   can convert any PvP IO into another PvP IO.  MUST start with a PvP IO.  But Gladiator's Net could become Panacea, or Javelin Volley could become Gladiator's Armor, etc.
    • ATO:   can convert any ATO into another ATO.   MUST start with an ATO.  Call of the Mastermind could become Critical Strikes.  Will of the Dominator could become Kheldian's Grace.
    • Winter:   can convert atny Winter-O inst another Winter-O. MUST start with a Winter-O.  But Avalanche could become Entomb, etc.
    • Purple:   can convert a Purple to a Purple.  I believe only "classic" purples count for this.  Not "Superior" versions of ATO's, etc.  But Fortunata Hypnosis can become Ragnarok or Hecatomb, etc.

Most commonly, I buy lots of uncommon recipes, craft them, convert by Type into rare, then convert by rarity to valuable rares, then post the rares for sale.  I spend a fair amount of up-front influence for this... I have to get the recipes, get the salvage, pay the crafting cost, buy the converters, etc....  but I typically earn far more than I spend when all is said and done.  Just keep in mind it's not instant money. You may post your converted results and maybe they'll sell instantly, or maybe they'll take 4 days to sell.  Depends how much you price to move and how much you say "there's not many for sale, SOMEONE will pay large for this...".

I find this works best if you bounce around on lots of alts.  If I post things for sale on my scrapper, but then spend the next three days on different alts, it's fire-and-forget sales and I just collect the proceeds next time I log the character that posted them.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Converters In a Nutshell

This is great!  You should put it up on the guide forum!

You may want to add the nitty gritty details like where the convert option is on the interface.  Also don't forget to mention that if you have no converters, the convert option doesn't appear at all.

Who run Bartertown?