NPC's Addressing Mastermind Pets instead of Mastermind

DarkonCOH99

Windows: Heather Townsand Arc, Second Mission. After exiting entry hall, Heather addresses the character in a caption message. I am a Mastermind, she keep addressing "Battle Drone", not me.  I have run the arc multiple times, she always addresses "Battle Drone".

This has happened before with various NPC's in the past, unfortunately I can't remember who at this time.

GM Korvin suggested a bug report. Screen shot included, note top chat window

screenshot_200402-01-54-54.jpg

• 2 weeks later

I've seen talking enemies do this with pets that they are aggroed to, but I don't think I've seen that happen in captions before.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

I had it happen to me last night, when my Stone/Storm Controller was rescuing a city official who'd been conned into working with the Family; after I spoke with her, an assassin showed up, and after the assassin was defeated, she addressed my Animated Stone pet rather than myself.

It seems there are odd situations where mobs will get confused and address whichever model is closest to them. I've seen ally NPCs do this too - saying something that was clearly directed at me, but with the name of one of the enemy mobs in place of mine.

18 minutes ago, RikOz said:

It seems there are odd situations where mobs will get confused and address whichever model is closest to them. I've seen ally NPCs do this too - saying something that was clearly directed at me, but with the name of one of the enemy mobs in place of mine.

They often address the PC nearest them rather than the mission holder too... 

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

This kind of thing used to amuse me in WoW. Some mobs would call you by name while fighting you, but I always thought it was odd when I was on my hunter, and I would be at range but my pet would be directly attacking in melee, and so the mob would say my pet's name instead of mine. I'd be all, "wait, this random ogre in the middle of the jungle knows my dog's name?"