Archery builds

BasherBot

Hey, I'm a newer player looking to do a Corrupter build using Archery as a secondary. I was hoping to get some advise on how to approaching leveling as a corruptor (and what skills I should be focusing on while leveling)... as well as some fun secondaries to try out with Archery.

The above post contains a sample Archery/Cold build that should demonstrate where you're likely to be headed at 50. The primary attacks from Archery would be Ranged Shot, Explosive Arrow and Rain of Arrows, with Aimed Shot being the better of the two basic attacks. However, you won't have enough recharge to create a tight single target rotation until high levels. In that particular build, Cold Domination initial power is also re-purposed into an attack power - which requires a number of IO procs.

Archery is primarily ranged with an incomplete attack cycle. This means you want to pair it with sets that can operate at range and have useful abilities to mix into the attack chain. Cold (as above) is decent for this due to re-purposing Infrigidate as an attack. Nature would also (somewhat) fit this description, but it can be tricky to manage due to the extraordinary recharge requires of Overgrowth. Time and Storm are generally strong sets that can work well with a variety of Blast sets.

In terms of leveling, support archetypes are amongst the hardest to level since so many of their key abilities come very late and require significant support from IO sets. You'll probably want to team up as much as possible and you'll need to take more attacks in the early levels than you'll be using at high levels.

If you're just interested in Archery as a concept, you might also want to explore a */Tactical Arrow Blaster. While they don't have support sets and managing their defenses can be tricky, they'll tend to have stronger damage output and be easier to level.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Destlin said:

I have a archery/device blaster that is a ton of fun. It makes me want to try an archery/kin corruptor. It seems that the good AoE of archery would benefit nicely from 400% bonus damage.

Fulcrum Shift requires you be close to a large number of enemies if you want to receive that kind of +damage buffing. However, Kinetics doesn't provide any meaningful defenses the user. As a result, attaching it to a purely ranged set (which also doesn't provide much in the way of meaningful defense) often doesn't work out well. You end up with a glass cannon build that absolutely needs a Brute/Tanker to hold aggro for you so you can operate.

Easy to cap s/l with 50% res on any build though so I don't see defense as an issue. Have a ele/kin and it it super strong. Just cant see archery doing worse than one of the lowest blast sets.

Edited by Destlin

Back on topic, archery ties best with trick arrow.

The problem with trick arrow is that it is a difficult set to learn and you get your two best powers at 35 and 38.

An archery/tactical arrow blaster is probably a better choice for a newer player.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Arch/storm with a force feedback +recharge and sudden Acceleration in every power that takes it. 

Build for tons of recharge too. You'll be running around with nearly 300% bonus recharge at all times, double stacking freezing rain, throwing out fistful, explosive, and RoA faster than you can blink, and enemies will be permanently controlled by a non-stop barrage of Gale, freezing rain, and explosive arrow knockdowns.

It's disgusting. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later

Arch/Storm and Arch/Cold are excellent suggestions. Freezing rain and sleet work very well with rain of arrows. Both storm and cold benefit heavily from force feedback procs in explosive arrow. I would probably give the edge to storm because the force feedback procs do a little more for tornado and lightning storm than they do for heat loss which can be permanent without the proc. Archery is also very endurance light to complement storm summoning. 

Currently on fire.

• 1 month later
On 4/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, Neogumbercules said:

Arch/storm with a force feedback +recharge and sudden Acceleration in every power that takes it. 

Build for tons of recharge too. You'll be running around with nearly 300% bonus recharge at all times, double stacking freezing rain, throwing out fistful, explosive, and RoA faster than you can blink, and enemies will be permanently controlled by a non-stop barrage of Gale, freezing rain, and explosive arrow knockdowns.

It's disgusting. 

Any updated builds for this? 

This sounds amazingly fun!

• 4 weeks later
On 1/24/2022 at 8:49 PM, LoyalHulk said:

Any updated builds for this? 

This sounds amazingly fun!

Having played both Archery and Storm Summoning separately, I can definitely say that this would shred. Between Explosive Arrow, Tornado and Lightning Storm, you will have the Force Feedback +Recharge proc on over 50% of the time, which means perma Hasten, Soul Drain, Freezing Rain, Tornado, etc. . You don't even need targets for Tornado or Lightning Storm to proc Force Feedback! This means Rain of Arrows around every 16-20 seconds. It would be absolute chaos.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Archery
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aimed Shot -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 1: Gale -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Fistful of Arrows -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), PstBls-Dam%(45), JvlVll-Dam%(45)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 6: Blazing Arrow -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(31)
Level 8: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(13), HO:Ribo(13)
Level 12: Explosive Arrow -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(17), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(17), PstBls-Dam%(23), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(25), FrcFdb-Rechg%(25)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- Artl-Dam/Rech(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 18: Ranged Shot -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(19), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(19), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), StnoftheM-Dam%(21), Dcm-Build%(23)
Level 20: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(42)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), RctArm-ResDam(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 30: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(49)
Level 32: Rain of Arrows -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/Rech(33), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(33), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(33), PstBls-Dam%(34), JvlVll-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Tornado -- SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dam%(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), RctArm-ResDam(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(48), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(47), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(3)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 20: Speed Phase 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

This is my Archery/Radiation/Dark Corruptor. It's been a blast to play. It's a bit clunky with the /Rad toggles but your AoE if pretty quick and you can toggle Enervating Field immediately after you cast Rain of Arrows and the -res debuff still hits in time. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aimed Shot -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(50)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(3), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal(7)
Level 2: Fistful of Arrows -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40), JvlVll-Dam%(42)
Level 4: Radiation Infection -- DS:DSyncEndDefDebuffToHitDebuff(A)
Level 6: Accelerate Metabolism -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(11), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(11), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(13), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(13)
Level 8: Blazing Arrow -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(27)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 12: Explosive Arrow -- DS:DSyncAccDam(A), DS:DSyncAccDam(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 14: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Ranged Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Apc-Acc/Rchg(19), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Apc-Dam%(21), Dcm-Build%(23)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(34), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-ResDam%(25)
Level 24: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(27)
Level 26: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-End/Rchg(29), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(29), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(31), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(31)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), RctArm-ResDam(37), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(37), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 32: Rain of Arrows -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/Rech(33), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(33), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(33), PstBls-Dam%(34), JvlVll-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), RctArm-ResDam(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(48), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(7)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(9)
Level 24: Speed Phase 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

• 2 weeks later

Just PB + Bubble the team and pretend you don't have a secondary outside of Repulsion Bomb. 

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Magic Corruptor
Secondary Power Set: Force Field
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Aimed Shot -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(36)
Level 1: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Deflection Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(5), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-Def/Rchg(7), Rct-ResDam%(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 4: Infiltration -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Blazing Arrow -- SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Apc-Dam%(11), GldJvl-Dam%(17), Dcm-Build%(23)
Level 8: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Insulation Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(27), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(37), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(47), RedFrt-Def(47)
Level 12: Explosive Arrow -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(13), JvlVll-Dam%(13), PstBls-Dam%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(17)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 18: Ranged Shot -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(19), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), StnoftheM-Dam%(21), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(21), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Dispersion Bubble -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-EndRdx(45), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(46), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(46), RedFrt-Def(49)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(25), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 28: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 30: Fistful of Arrows -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Knock%(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Rain of Arrows -- SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(33), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), PstBls-Dam%(33), JvlVll-Dam%(34), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(34)
Level 35: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 38: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(42), GldArm-RechEnd(42), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(42), GldArm-ResDam(43), GldArm-3defTpProc(43)
Level 44: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Hct-Dam%(49)
Level 47: Repulsion Bomb -- ExpStr-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), JvlVll-Dam%(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
------------

• 3 months later
On 4/6/2020 at 1:03 AM, Neogumbercules said:

It's disgusting. 

I have an Archery / Storm Corruptor that I want to use for Hover Farming but can't find a Mids build for her.  Can you recommend one please?