Costume Suggestions

Elemento

I mentioned this years ago when CoH/CoV was in NCSoft's hands.

1: A lot of us want the hat/hair option where when you place a hat on the toon, it does not change the toon's hairstyle.  Most hairstyles for female toons end up bald when they wear a hat.  It is like they all of a sudden developed cancer or alopecia.  I never liked the idea of a hat changing the way the hair looked.

2: Add a Glass or Jewel Texture to costumes.  For my character Amalgamite, it would be a perfect addition as I am trying the best that I can to emulate Metamorpho.

3: Add Glass wings.

4: With the recent addition of assymetrical pieces namely the gloves and boots, I hope you expand on this to include the upper and lower body parts.  Again in tribute to Metamorpho, a assymetrical chest and pants would be perfect.

5: This has probably been mentioned.  More animal body types.  With that in mind, I would like to add the fact that more appendages could be added.  An octopus with his eight tentacles, a spider with his eight legs, an insect with his six legs, maybe even a snake, a frog with his webbed feet, etc..

6. More facial types that explore multiple facets such as more than normal amount of eyes, nose, mouth, etc.

7. Multiple heads which of course would include multiple necks as well.

1. clipping ;/

I'd like asymmetrical shoulders, then we can pack full arms of one style of gear (I am going to stick my neck out and suggest that they're already working on it, fingers crossed!).

I think asymmetrical costume PATTERNS are not going to happen, there don't seem to be any in the game - it's as if the patterns are just mirrored down the centre line of the body - were they THAT desperate to save a few Megabytes? Maybe. Chest Details are another story, though!

5. I'd really like to see a Cthulu mask/head, but I'd never use it so... I shouldn't suggest it, lol! Who doesn't LOVE tentacles.. omg the term "love tentacles" is going to get picked up by google search....

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Surface textures are baked into the individual costume pieces, so adding glass or jewel effects would involve reworking each costume piece that is to get the effect.

It isn't just patterns that are mirrored vertically down the character -- in the original database for characters, everything was mirrored; the internal data for both the character, the costume, and the patterns on the costume pieces only had definitions for one side of the character, and it was mirrored on the other. Only belts, hairdos, and some chest details (for some chests) could be asymmetrical. The addition of 'mixed' hands and feet, driven by a need with costume sets like Pirate, expanded the options, but the left and right glove/boot pairs had to be hardcoded as a costume piece. The Homecoming staff figured out how to break that out and let us pick gloves and boots separately for left/right, but asymmetric patterns is more deeply embedded into the character models and will be enormously more difficult to implement.

Adding limbs adds the problem of animation -- how does the character walk, jog, run, jump, etc., and how are those animations affected by the power animations? Make it possible to create a character that is a quadruped, and you have to make a completely new set of animations for the whole game to support that. And do it again for different types -- the animations for a spider/insect on four legs will be different from those for a centaur, which will be different from those for a felitaur. Hell, in the entire live run of the game, the devs never put in the work to give a proper digitigrade gait to characters with the Monstrous leg type, which would still have required two full sets of animation replacements, because hooved and padded digitigrade gaits are different.

Edited by srmalloy

• 1 month later

To continue with my suggestions.

8: On the belts where they have a Jewel belt, instead of a jewel, they could have a letter, symbol, or number.

9: I would like to see them implement more power pools for the Peacebringer, Warshade, Arachnos Widow, and Arachnos Soldier.  Having just one does not give one really the urge to create a character with only one.

10: Expand the parity between the primary and secondary powers as they have done with some powers.  Examples include 1st Radiation Emission to 2nd Radiation Blast; 1st Earth Control to 2nd Earth Assault; 1st Energy Melee to 2nd Energy Aura; 1st Ice Blast to 2nd Ice Manipulation; 1st Fire Blast to 2nd Fire Manipulation; etc.

A Water to water would be nice, plant to plant, poison to poison.

• 2 months later