Technical Analysis

ceres

Nice!  Thanks for putting this together.  I'm assuming that volume measures number for sale?

I am at a loss for determining true volume transacted, as you print a ticket in last 5 whether it is a block of 10 or a block of 1, and you would need to constantly refresh in order to measure something that could probably at best approximately model actual volume.

Who run Bartertown?

Neat!  That's consistent with my personal experience, historically.  I usually post my converters for 78,900, to make sure that I don't get too little for them, but so that they always sell quickly.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I have converter bids in on a few dozen alts every day.  I generally bid between 75K and 80K.  They always get filled within 24 hours, most within an evening.  I’ve noted that the redemptions tend to hit at lowest price just as the peak players starts to subside each day.

My guess has always been because it’s players cashing in merits for converters for the evening as they finish their missions and wanting to sell them quickly for enhancement maintenance or whatever.

10 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Nice!  Thanks for putting this together.  I'm assuming that volume measures number for sale?

I am at a loss for determining true volume transacted, as you print a ticket in last 5 whether it is a block of 10 or a block of 1, and you would need to constantly refresh in order to measure something that could probably at best approximately model actual volume.

Volume is amount bidding + amount for sale. Just to get an idea of what times during the day are more active.

This was just messing around, going to do a day long one every 30 min to get some better data.

Edited by ceres

3 hours ago, ceres said:

Volume is amount bidding + amount for sale. Just to get an idea of what times during the day are more active.

This was just messing around, going to do a day long one every 30 min to get some better data.

Appreciate you doing this @ceres

I would imagine it is something similar to @Crysis , which matches my experience in the WoW auction house that had real-time and extremely accurate tracking via The Undermine Journal, my bots, and addons.  The experience being, people buy a lot before Tuesday raid reset (to slot/enchant/craft gear before raid), and dump it all after Tuesday/Wednesday raids for the hardcore guilds, and dump it all on Friday/Saturday night after casual raids.  Sunday people are sleeping so the markets slow down.

Edited by Obus Form

3 hours ago, Gremlin said:

I don't buy converters very often so I'm not familiar with the price. I sell a few from time to time and I'm used to seeing the price in the 82 to 90k range. I don't think I've ever seen them at 75k. Is that price common?

75K is uncommon, but observable (over the past year). That's below my typical bidding price. I rarely have more than a few hundred bids outstanding, as my toons tend to be merit-rich. The total volume interests me less than the total for sale, as I am convinced that the market has a not-insignificant number of low bids on many items. There is no difference between a 1 inf bid placed on a forgotten character versus one that is not too far from the typical price placed by a player hoping for a 'good deal'. The number for sale was particularly low a week or so ago.

Unlike many other AH items, Converters are needed in bulk so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of low bids on them.

• Thanks 1