Energy Melee needs love

Nether

Energy Melee changes:

1. Revert ET animation

2. Shave .5 seconds off Total Focus animation.

3. Larger radius to Whirling Hands.

4. A mechanic built off of Energy Melee's ability to introduce stuns, so if a target is hit with an EM attack that is stunned, they take 20% more damage? I feel that's more in line with originally stun toggle dropping a target and then hitting for more damage.

5. Buildup works more like FollowUp?

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 5:53 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

5. Buildup works more like FollowUp?

So I have no stake in this as I don't main NRG melee or anything.  Lots of people have more riding on getting proper changes in terms of wanting the feel of their set back.  I'll likely make an EM something either way once the animations get changed.

But I wanted to add that as a relative outsider to Energy Melee I always liked the idea of the self damage portion of energy melee.  It was unique and interesting as not a lot of powersets have so direct a trade off.  As part of some greater update to Energy Melee update I'd love to see EM's Build up converted into a Follow Up clone that called... let say Feedback Loop?  Have it deal self damage and in exchange give a proportionately larger damage boost or longer duration relative to Follow Up.

Combined with the animation roll back Energy Melee would never ask you to stop punching. Just not stop barrage of pompoms.  Start weaving in the "Feedback Loop" and ETs in there and it starts chunking your health but giving you ever escalating ST damage.

• Like 1

• 2 months later
On 9/15/2020 at 3:53 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

Energy Melee changes:

1. Revert ET animation

2. Shave .5 seconds off Total Focus animation.

3. Larger radius to Whirling Hands.

This would have been great.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, BrandX said:

Part of the love Energy Melee needs, is porting to Scrappers.

Yep.