[UI] Evaluate expressions inside detailed power info.

kenlon

This is something that I especially noticed in the Fighting pool, since with the synergy changes, they're actually worth considering now. Checking the info and seeing "Special smashing damage on target" instead of a damage number, and then having to go look up what damage it should do for your AT and add the appropriate percentage buff is really pretty annoying.

Is there any chance this could get addressed, or is there a reason the UI can't deal with the power expressions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenlon said:

This is something that I especially noticed in the Fighting pool, since with the synergy changes, they're actually worth considering now. Checking the info and seeing "Special smashing damage on target" instead of a damage number, and then having to go look up what damage it should do for your AT and add the appropriate percentage buff is really pretty annoying.

Is there any chance this could get addressed, or is there a reason the UI can't deal with the power expressions?

I agree, I would love to see that.

If you are wondering about what the formula is, you can see it here: http://web.archive.org/web/20140821034741/http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/powerset.php?id=Pool.Fighting&at=Class_Defender

It's for Defender though, so adjust the melee modifier appropriately.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Since I first noticed it with Fighting, I'm seeing that there are lots of other places sprinkled around various sets that this shows up as well. I know a lot of the code for CoH is best classified as "crawling horror", but this would be a really nice change to get made. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kenlon said:

Since I first noticed it with Fighting, I'm seeing that there are lots of other places sprinkled around various sets that this shows up as well. I know a lot of the code for CoH is best classified as "crawling horror", but this would be a really nice change to get made. 

Certainly, I've seen that as well and it tends to be frustrating. I like being able to know how something works as opposed to seeing "special" everywhere. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn