Slotting damage into Pet summons?

Harliquin76

It does, but the effect is low because I assume it's splitting the damage between your pets, even if one is summoned. If you're using training enhancements, the boost likely won't change on the numbers above their heads, but the combat log should be able to show results. I've not tested, but I also assume pets don't get the benefit of new enhancements until resummoned as well.

Right now, the consensus is that there's a bug preventing enhancements slotted into Pet powers from actually enhancing the powers of the Pets themselves.  If memory serves, this bug would reappear every so often after an Issue update while Cryptic/Paragon Studios were handling things.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Right now, the consensus is that there's a bug preventing enhancements slotted into Pet powers from actually enhancing the powers of the Pets themselves.  If memory serves, this bug would reappear every so often after an Issue update while Cryptic/Paragon Studios were handling things.

Well, that's a bummer.  Guess I'll hold off on any more MMs for the time being.

I believe a GM/Admin on Discord commented that this bug only occurred if you had the MM pet out before you slotted the enhancements, IE in order for the enhancement to "take" you needed to resummon your pets. In other words, the GMs believe this bug isn't real.

I believe a GM/Admin on Discord commented that this bug only occurred if you had the MM pet out before you slotted the enhancements, IE in order for the enhancement to "take" you needed to resummon your pets. In other words, the GMs believe this bug isn't real.

Well, given that if you have two Battle Drones out when you're level 10, each of them will be level 9, and you ding to 11, each of the drones is still level 9 until you dismiss and resummon them, I can see why that would be -- the MM pets become separate mobs in the server when you summon them; anything you do to the power that summoned them isn't going to affect already-summoned pets.

Well, that seems easy enough to test, so I did.  Made a new MM, took 'em to the tutorial.  After getting to level 2, here were the results.

* Level 2 Punk (unenhanced) vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 12.85 points of lethal damage!

* Level 2 Punk with Clockwork Efficiency slotted immediately vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 12.85 points of lethal damage!

* Level 2 Punk with Clockwork Efficiency slotted and then resummoned vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 14.57 points of lethal damage!

* Level 2 Punk with Clockwork Efficiency trashed immediately vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 14.57 points of lethal damage!

So yeah, it seems the GM was correct and enhancements apply on the pets at the time they're summoned.  If slotting changes after they're out, they just need to be dismissed and called again and all will be well.  And I can make this experimental character more permanent, along with a few other Mastermind plans.

Incidentally, how's Thugs/Traps?

It does, but the effect is low because I assume it's splitting the damage between your pets, even if one is summoned. If you're using training enhancements, the boost likely won't change on the numbers above their heads, but the combat log should be able to show results. I've not tested, but I also assume pets don't get the benefit of new enhancements until resummoned as well.

umm..no....damage is not split between your pets.  Its applied to each individual pets powers and can be clearly seen.

• 2 weeks later

Well, that seems easy enough to test, so I did.  Made a new MM, took 'em to the tutorial.  After getting to level 2, here were the results.

* Level 2 Punk (unenhanced) vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 12.85 points of lethal damage!

* Level 2 Punk with Clockwork Efficiency slotted immediately vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 12.85 points of lethal damage!

* Level 2 Punk with Clockwork Efficiency slotted and then resummoned vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 14.57 points of lethal damage!

* Level 2 Punk with Clockwork Efficiency trashed immediately vs. Level 1 Neo-Shivan: Punk shoots Shivan with their Pistol for 14.57 points of lethal damage!

So yeah, it seems the GM was correct and enhancements apply on the pets at the time they're summoned.  If slotting changes after they're out, they just need to be dismissed and called again and all will be well.  And I can make this experimental character more permanent, along with a few other Mastermind plans.

Incidentally, how's Thugs/Traps?

Thumbs up for testing!!!’