I wonder if the game staff actually plays

10 hours ago, Honey Pie 143 said:

Seeing how all of you have GM status doesn't mean you actually play  Take GM_Kal for example he is always on the excelsior server but none of my friends or myself has ever seen him play without the GM status PERIOD!

Because making up power sets or arch types are easy putting them in actual game play by you the staff shows people you aren't just spouting hot air.

A) I don't have GM status.  B) I actually do play . . . a lot.  C) How would you know if you were seeing GM_Kal play without the GM status?  D) If you think creating the power-sets with themes, values, animations and other coding stuff is easier than clicking a few buttons repeatedly, then I think you are most definitely spouting hot air.  *hoorrrb*

E) I am not a GM or a dev . . . but I did stay at a Holiday Inn . . . once . . . a few years ago.

Edited by Bionic_Flea

9 hours ago, Honey Pie 143 said:

a poll to fix the dark armor power set

just fyi, 'a GM poll to 'fix' dark armour' does not to my knowledge exist.

The weekly discussion are, simply,. discussions.

This could include comparisons to other sets, what folks like about a set, what pairs well with the set, auras and costumes that get used a lot for the set, annoyances and items that are of concern. It can be pretty wide ranging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

21 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

E) I am not a GM or a dev . . . but I did stay at a Holiday Inn . . . once . . . a few years ago.

aren't you at all of the holiday inns.. wait, can't be in two places at the same time.. are they clones?! relatives?...

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 4/27/2020 at 2:53 PM, Honey Pie 143 said:

Seeing how all of you have GM status doesn't mean you actually play  Take GM_Kal for example he is always on the excelsior server but none of my friends or myself has ever seen him play without the GM status PERIOD!

Because making up power sets or arch types are easy putting them in actual game play by you the staff shows people you aren't just spouting hot air.

This guy thinks that Homecoming came to exist from happy thoughts and birthday wishes alone.

You think this game even had a shot at making a comeback if the GMs didn't actually enjoy playing it?

Oh you silly naive thing...

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1

• Retired Game Master

It's kind of hard to be a GM and NOT play. 

Players ask for us on help for everything.  From how to install the game in the first place, to how to reach an obscure contact, to questions about the game that Paragon Wiki can't answer and the forums don't have a guide for yet, or how the math works for a build idea they've tried out that doesn't line up with what they intended to do.

It's not easy work.  Some of your questions have me rapidly clicking through in the character creator spinning up a toon to try something I'm curious about myself at times.  And as a GM I have to learn it just as fast if not faster than you do if I'm to be of any help.

In short, yes, I do play the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2020 at 10:59 PM, GM Tahquitz said:

It's kind of hard to be a GM and NOT play. 

Players ask for us on help for everything.  From how to install the game in the first place, to how to reach an obscure contact, to questions about the game that Paragon Wiki can't answer and the forums don't have a guide for yet, or how the math works for a build idea they've tried out that doesn't line up with what they intended to do.

It's not easy work.  Some of your questions have me rapidly clicking through in the character creator spinning up a toon to try something I'm curious about myself at times.  And as a GM I have to learn it just as fast if not faster than you do if I'm to be of any help.

In short, yes, I do play the game.

How about a nice game of chess?

Playing CoX is it’s own reward