Dark Armor questions

Seigmoraig

I recently starter a DA/DM tanker and I have been looking at some builds around the forums and I noticed that nobody uses Cloak of Darkness, Cloak of Fear and Oppressive Gloom. Now I understand why CoF and OG would be skipped since it makes herding mobs harder and CoF is a massive end hog but why skip Cloak of Darkness ? Seems like a perfectly fine +5%Def power to me.

Secondly this one is directed to @Sir Myshkin to other proc experts; if i were to take Cloak of Fear and Oppressive Gloom, how well would it do if I slotted a bunch of damage procs into them ? Cloak of Fear can take 3 damage procs, OG can take 1 and Death Shroud can take 4 + Fury of the Gladiator and a Knockdown from Avalanche. Would this be a buzzsaw proc machine or do the procs have some cooldown mechanic and not go off ?

Thanks !

Edited by Seigmoraig

I always take Cloak of Darkness and Oppressive Gloom, I've personally never taken CoF (for the end reason you stated) but I've seen plenty of viable tankers do it.  The trick is using Taunt to pull them in rather than zooming around the room trying to get everyone's attention passively.

What this team needs is more Defenders

I just started a Dark Armor tanker (DA/Savage) and I took Cloak of Fear.  It is more useful than it looks on paper; it eventually hits all the minions and keeps them out of your hair while you work on higher priority targets.   Cloak of Fear and Oppressive Gloom look like 'pick one from this column' powers; there's no point in having both.  I don't need the extra damage from OG, and feared mobs stand still while stunned mobs may wander. 

I may eventually take Cloak of Darkness, but stealth on a tanker is rather pointless, and I have instead added a bit of defense with Weave and Combat Jumping, which also provides immobilization protection.  If the numbers are good I may take it. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Apropos of nothing, this is my wish-list build for the Dark Armor/Savage Melee tanker I rolled last week.  I took a cue from Heraclea's build and split the Gauntleted Fist set into two apiece spread out among multiple powers.   I just might respec out of Rending Flurry, because it doesn't really find a place in my attack chain. 

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Anima Spla: Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Savage Melee
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(5), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(42)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(3), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(9), KntCmb-Knock%:35(42), Acc-I:40(43)
Level 2: Maiming Slash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(5), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(9), KntCmb-Knock%:35(31), Acc-I:40(43)
Level 4: Shred -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(7), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb:30(7), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg:30(15), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(17), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg:30(43)
Level 6: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 8: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-Heal:30(A), ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg:30(11), ThfofEss-Acc/Heal:30(11), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Heal:30(15), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(36), ThfofEss-+End%:30(42)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Ags-ResDam:50(46)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Krm-ResKB:30(A)
Level 14: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%:50(A)
Level 16: Murky Cloud -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), StdPrt-ResKB:30(17), RctArm-ResDam:40(25), RctArm-EndRdx:40(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(50)
Level 18: Vicious Slash -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(19), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(19), KntCmb-Knock%:35(23), Acc-I:50(29)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(21), GssSynFr--Build%:50(21)
Level 22: Death Shroud -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg:50(27), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(48)
Level 24: Kick -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 26: Cloak of Fear -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb:30(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg:30(27), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(50)
Level 28: Tough -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx:40(A), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(29), ImpArm-EndRdx/Rchg:40(37), ImpArm-ResDam:40(46), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(50)
Level 30: Rending Flurry -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg:50(31), Acc-I:50(31)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(46)
Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(36), RechRdx-I:50(36)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(39), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(40)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%:50(A)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(45), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 47: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(48)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(33), Prv-Absorb%:50(33)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(34), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(34), EndMod-I:50(34)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment
------------

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

6 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

I just might respec out of Rending Flurry, because it doesn't really find a place in my attack chain. 

Why would you opt out of your pbaoe power ? Wouldn't you open with that after using Blood Thirst, or build 5 stacks RF, Blood Thirst, RF. My farmer is SM and I wouldn't go without that power

That being said, if you have a DA/DM build hanging around, I would love to look at it

Edited by Seigmoraig

57 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Why would you opt out of your pbaoe power ? Wouldn't you open with that after using Blood Thirst, or build 5 stacks RF, Blood Thirst, RF. My farmer is SM and I wouldn't go without that power

That being said, if you have a DA/DM build hanging around, I would love to look at it

At least at present, I try to keep my stacks at 5 for the endurance discount. 

Definitely take Cloak of Shadows.  

I feel Cloak of Fear and Oppressive Gloom work far better when run with complimentary powers than alone.  Both of these powers are hold overs from the original game vision.  Minions were supposed to be a threat and these were supposed to help Scrappers deal with incoming damage.  Their CC effects are largely unnecessary in the current game.  The small to-hit debuff from CoF is largely ignored by anything at +4 difficulty or an AV/GM.  So CoF turns into a highly expensive power with very little return on investment.  It does pulse quickly so that lower accuracy isn't that bad as the duration of effect is reasonably long as is.  Procs won't check on that power's pulse though (toggles check procs around every 10 seconds).  So don't expect much out of it.  

That said, both powers can stack magnitude allowing a user to fear or stun a boss.  Cloak of Fear and Touch of Fear do stack.  So that can be interesting. 

If you'd like more consistent results with procs in Dark Armor, then Dark Regen is a good candidate for that.  

I happen to run the full Might of the Tanker set in Death Shroud to have a nearly passive means of generating resistance stacks.  Its pretty consistent with 2 stacks even when facing fewer enemies.  I can occasionally get 3 stacks when full surrounded by goons.  I run Titan Weapons with this set up so your mileage will vary. 

Edited by oldskool

My dark/rad tank has cloak of darkness-- mixed feelings about it. As a tank, I'm usually really not interested in being stealthy on teams. So I'll often turn it off when I'm not running against the hardest opponents. But I needed it to get my defense soft-capped (45% to all except psionic at 30%), the defense is great. It's also really handy on the occasion I do stealth missions--it makes doing Heather Townshend's arc repeats fast and easy.

Had oppressive gloom for a while but currently don't now that my defense and resists are where I wanted them. Have had cloak of fear in the past but it's such a heavy end use toggle that needs a lot of slotting to be effective due to its low accuracy that I rarely take it.

3 hours ago, oldskool said:

I feel Cloak of Fear and Oppressive Gloom work far better when run with complimentary powers than alone.  Both of these powers are hold overs from the original game vision.  Minions were supposed to be a threat and these were supposed to help Scrappers deal with incoming damage.  Their CC effects are largely unnecessary in the current game.  The small to-hit debuff from CoF is largely ignored by anything at +4 difficulty or an AV/GM.  So CoF turns into a highly expensive power with very little return on investment.  It does pulse quickly so that lower accuracy isn't that bad as the duration of effect is reasonably long as is.  Procs won't check on that power's pulse though (toggles check procs around every 10 seconds).  So don't expect much out of it.  

That said, both powers can stack magnitude allowing a user to fear or stun a boss.  Cloak of Fear and Touch of Fear do stack.  So that can be interesting.

In my attempts to meaningfully contribute to the recent Weekly Discussion on Dark Armour, I dove deep into Mid's and came across some synergies in the oddest of places. I'm now at a point where I can't decide if I want to make these changes on my current DA/Savage, or roll up a new DA/?? (Elec, KM and Psi are front-runners) to do some cool tricks. The guts of this evolution revolve around:

• Cloak of Fear, Invoke Panic, and Intimidate, all slotted with Unspeakable Terror +disorient proc
  • Oppressive Gloom slotted with Razzle Dazzle +immob proc
  • Spectral Core Flawless Interface (25% immob proc, 25% NE dot proc)
  • (the big payoff) Control Hybrid!
    • Radial Embodiment packs a 70% chance to Fear and 70% chance to Immobilize on most attacks, with a 100% chance to Stun (if Feared and Immobilized), which seems like a strong collection of effects that work with what we have.
    • Core Embodiment is also spicy, with its 75% chance for psi damage to controlled enemies and 75% chance for +1 mag on cc powers, which include our fears and stuns.
    • This is all theorycrafting at this point - I'd have to try both to see what works better.

That's a whole pile of CC being tacked on across the board. Dunno if it will work at all, but if nothing else it'll be an interesting experiment!

• Like 3

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Hi all,

Just my two infs worth on Dark Armor. If you're part of that Tanker Tuesday group (and if you're not, why not? Join us it amazingly fun) you might remember Rangle and I going at it during events regarding Dark Armor. To be fair, my attraction to DA is much like my attraction to Ice Melee, in that I keep hoping to figure it out. That said, I don't "hate" DA, but it stymies me.

Here's what I've found over the years, I hope your experiences are different, and mine help in some way.

Oppressive Gloom (OG)

OG is an amazing "one slot wonder". With one slot of almost anything it will take, it's a great power for damage mitigation. Down side, while stunning mobs, they wander off... Plus side, for one slot it stuns mobs... (and makes them wonder off, but stunned mobs don’t do damage… therefore…WIN!).

In my experience, slotting OG for any proc, other than damage, has never been worth it. When I tested it years ago, the change to Immobilize an opponent was low. To compensate for that, you'll need a power that keeps to goons from wandering off and out of your AoEs (Yes, I'm a big fan of AoE Tanking). Electrifying Fences (EF) from Mu Mastery is the best power I've come across, so far (you could use Salt Crystals, Quicksand, School of Sharks, or Soul Tentacles, but EF has worked the best). Down side, I usually have to 4 slot it. You can make it work with less, but four slots seems to be the magic number for me.

Cloak of Fear (CoF)

I’ve only worked with this a few times, once to make a “fear tank”, the other was the first time I rolled a DA Tanker. In my experience this power needs multiple slots to make it work and is VERY Endurance intensive. It never really worked well for me. Incarnates may change this, and/or perhaps better slotting that what I did. But, I found OG to be far more effective.

Dark Armor and Defense

The plus side, DA at least has some defense to build off of, so getting to 33%+ Melee Defense isn’t difficult, I haven’t tried for typed Defense, it might be doable, I just haven’t pursued it. I think the last DA Tank I had ran at or above 45+% Melee Defense, and it worked well. Down side, no Defense Debuff Resistance. So get your Resists as high as possible, Defense should be a secondary concern, but for me, it did help.

No Knock Back Protection (KB)

Well… not much to say here, you don’t have anything to work with when you start, so you have to provide something, unless you enjoy sailing around the map from mob attacks. I use Blessing of the Zephyr KB +4 protection, one in the combat movement powers (CJ or Hover), and one in main movement power (SJ or Flight). That way you don’t really require an “extra” slot. Additional KB protection can be added through a Steadfast Protection, in a resist powers; Karma, in a Defense power, or Fury of the Gladiator (3 slots) in a PBAoE power.  

Use that Heal!

One design point I haven’t been good with embracing is the (perhaps the best) self-heal in the game, Dark Regeneration. I resist it, (because it’s a TANK, I shouldn’t have to use the #$#@ heal) even though I know it works well and, well, that’s why the set has the power. This power can cover all sorts of holes in the build, plus it does damage! Granted, not a lot, but heck any power that heals you at the mobs expense, what’s not to like? Okay, so put the + chance for End Proc from Theft of Essence in, to help recover Endurance, and then slot for  Accuracy, Endurance Reduction and Recharge. Hopefully one of the DA pros will stop by with some additional comments on how to get the most out for this power, and other powers in the set.

Slotting Resists

I usually go for four Unbreakable Guards (Endurance Reduction and Melee Defense!). I also use been known to use Impervium Armors and Aegis (Psi Def).

In Summary

So, DA … well, it’s my hot rod, my Millennium Falcon, it’s one set that I tinker with all the time thinking that one day I’ll get that build just "right"! To be clear, I know several players that do far better with this set than I do. From what I remember they use the heal to their advantage (where as I tend to hold off on using it … because... I’m kinda’ stupid that way). But I digress, DA is a fun set to run, the power animation are great, and color adaptations allow making a themed toons extremely easy. Play it for its strengths (don’t be like me, or be like me and be stymied by it). Either way...

Enjoy the set!

Edited by Warboss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

So here is where I'm at with this build, I've been seeing how I can make it work (on paper). Seems to be in a pretty good place right now, would like to get Perma Hasten but I think that 11 secs off perma isn't too shabby (239.65%)

S/L/F/C resists are a smidge over cap. Negative is a smidge shy of cap but Energy is relatively low at 55%
S/L/M Defenses are at softcap but the rest are kinda taking a back seat 🙂

Should be a good enough build though. This is my first real tanker build so I would love to hear some feedback on it

Thanks !

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Pyre Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(5)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(7), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Dam%(43), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 2: Smite -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Hct-Acc/Rchg(9), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), CldSns-%Dam(45)
Level 4: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-ResDam(43)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(15), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam(17), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 8: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(21)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 12: Dark Regeneration -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Absorb%(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(23), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-Heal(42)
Level 14: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(27), Krm-ResKB(27)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), TchoftheN-%Dam(33)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(42)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(34), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(34), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), ImpSki-Status(46)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46)
Level 30: Taunt -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Soul Transfer -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(37), MckBrt-Rchg(33), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(37)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(40)
Level 41: Char -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 47: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Knock%(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Barrier Invocation
Level 50: Support Genome
------------

Capture.PNG

13 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

This is my first real tanker build so I would love to hear some feedback on it

Looks good to me.  Midnight Grasp has a better chance to trigger the damage procs you have in Smite.  Or, are you valuing the proc within that Winter set more for the build?  You could swap the slots of those two powers for damage or leave it as it is for the Winter effects.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oldskool said:

Looks good to me.  Midnight Grasp has a better chance to trigger the damage procs you have in Smite.  Or, are you valuing the proc within that Winter set more for the build?  You could swap the slots of those two powers for damage or leave it as it is for the Winter effects.  

Very nice, thanks for that insight, I will swap them. The Winter set is more there for the amazing set bonuses than for the procs anyways

8 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Very nice, thanks for that insight, I will swap them. The Winter set is more there for the amazing set bonuses than for the procs anyways

Looks good. I find it interesting/funny that build doesn't have either of the two signature powers (CoF or OG) of the Primary set. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong all these years, lol... let us know how it works!

Only one nitpick, your knockback protection is at 8. That's probably enough for most content, but if you run into stacking KB you'll likely find yourself bouncing around. I don't think I'd alter the build at this point as your defense + damage output maybe enough to off set it, but I'd keep in the back of your mind in case you start noticing it effecting you.

Edited by Warboss
Kb nitpick
  • Thanks 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

2 hours ago, Warboss said:

Only one nitpick, your knockback protection is at 8. That's probably enough for most content, but if you run into stacking KB you'll likely find yourself bouncing around.

There's a funny thing about knockback is almost always under 4 and when it is above that it tends to be above 8. So I aim to hit 11/12ish protection

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Warboss said:

Only one nitpick, your knockback protection is at 8. That's probably enough for most content, but if you run into stacking KB you'll likely find yourself bouncing around. I don't think I'd alter the build at this point as your defense + damage output maybe enough to off set it, but I'd keep in the back of your mind in case you start noticing it effecting you.

Thanks for that info, I'll see how it goes to start. If I see its a problem then I think I'll drop a slot from Shadow Punch to add it to Obsidian Shield for the Steadfast Protection KB prot IO and get a 2pcs set bonus at the same time. I'm only using Shadow Punch when I exemp anyways

14 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Thanks for that info, I'll see how it goes to start. If I see its a problem then I think I'll drop a slot from Shadow Punch to add it to Obsidian Shield for the Steadfast Protection KB prot IO and get a 2pcs set bonus at the same time. I'm only using Shadow Punch when I exemp anyways

Shadow punch does debuff your target though, and helps to stack -to hit... I would recommend to use it as much as possible

10 minutes ago, Metatheory said:

Shadow punch does debuff your target though, and helps to stack -to hit... I would recommend to use it as much as possible

All the attacks in Dark Melee stack -to hit though, at some point something has to be cut

Edited by Seigmoraig

29 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Fury of the Gladiator (drop it in Shadow Maul) offers 3 Pts of KB protection as the 3 slot Bonus as does Gladiator's Armor (Resist Set)

Overwhelming Force (Universal Damage) offers 4 points for 6 slotting it (though this set is unique), so you've got lots of possibilities for KB protection without losing Resistance or a slot.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

so you've got lots of possibilities for KB protection without losing Resistance or a slot.

I think I'd be losing a lot more by getting rid of the set bonuses from the Winter Set in Shadow Maul than by taking out a slot from Shadow Punch to put it in Obsidian Shield though. Obsidian Shield is only 2 slotted currently since it's the Psi resist/Status Prot power. All I would gain with the 3pcs bonus from Fury of the Gladiator would be the KB prot since I'm already capped in F/C the 2pcs wouldn't be useful

My tank has 8 points of kb protection as well. Knockback does happen, but it's pretty rare. During the nemesis invasion, for example. Jack in Irons did it. But it's rare. If you can get to 12 without sacrificing anything meaningful I would, but if it means (for example) not being soft-capped to melee damage--I probably wouldn't. 

• Thanks 1