Which TFs/SFs are easiest to duo?

jacehan

Most of the time I play the game with my fiancé and we duo together, occasionally joining larger groups for content. Now that TFs don't have a minimum group size, I like the idea of duoing one, especially as it gives the options to take a break in the middle, which is not really the case when with a big group. (After doing a Synapse the other day that took 3 hours because the team leader was level 17, I definitely like the idea of doings a TF in chunks.) But, of course, AVs are tough with just two people. Which TFs do you think this is most feasible with?

The hubby and i have been able to DUO all the TFs needed for the accolade.  The toughest one for us was Manticore because of the 2 AVs, with Countess Crey being the hardest because of her power set.  Yin was the easiest. 

Helps to have stealth and recall/ATT as well.  The AVs take time to whittle down, but it can be done if you have enough damage or debuffs.

Edited by Nefertari

Posi 1 and Yin would be the easiest tier. The rest of the TF commander stuff is easy enough to duo, though numina would be a hassle with the zone kills. All of the lower level redside TFs are also easy to duo with the possible exception of Morty Kal. It can be duoed but you wouldn't want to just prance in there with whatever random SO'd toons. Renault could be tough for certain combos as well. One key thing is to keep a nice supply of envenomed daggers from p2w on both characters to debuff AV regen. Will make for much faster/smoother fights.

Most of the sub-level 40 TFs shouldn't be too tough to duo, especially if you're running higher-level IOd characters exemped down, and/or one or both of you has debuffs, and /or you use inspirations heavily for the AVs.  Babbage could be tough, but you can call in outside help, and killing him isn't required to finish the TF.  Dr Q is easily duoable no AV, and is the TF you'd most want to do in chunks, since it is way too long.  Justin Augustine is also easily duoable due to no AV.

Wouldn't want to do Justin Augustine without a large team; the many Defeat 50 Rularuu at Bastion of Embarrassment and so forth would be a grim slog.  There's less of that kind of mission on Dr. Q, so it is in practice faster.  I solo Dr. Q on a character with Afterburner when it is the target. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Most of the TFs could be duod if you optimise your characters to take out AVs. Just beware the TFs with ‘special mechanics’ like Ms. Liberty’s, etc. 

Numina’s with Jurassik is probably among the harder regular TF to duo, since he hits very hard, but I’ve duod it with my husband on a Controller/Dominator duo so definitely can be done. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

The first 4, Posi 1+2, Synapse and Pen Yin are all relatively easy to duo. Depending on the powersets of you both the others could be as well. If neither of you are debuffers I'd look at getting some of the temp powers from the P2W vendor to help out with the AV, like envenomed dagger, backup radio, signature summons etc., if you have the spare inf.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

It really depends on AT's and power sets.  Some are easy with most any well built and played characters while others can be tough thanks to AV powers and mechanics.  As you discovered all the Signature TF's spawn at the TF cap, so I HIGHLY recommend running them once you've reached or exceeded the max level of the TF.  

A good duo should easily handle the signature TF's, particularly Posi, Synapse, Yin and Citadel.  Manticore is the potential problem due to two AV's at once, you'll either need to solo both of them or have a method of dealing with them one at a time.  Hopkins is a really pathetic AV, if you have good defenses you can ignore him while you take out Countess, then get him later.  I had no problem soloing him with a Fire/Regen Stalker while the rest of the team focused Countess down.  By the time they'd killed her I had Hopkins down to about 25%

The ITF has been solo'd successfully quite a few times so a good duo should be able to handle it as well, you WILL need to bring your A game and very good builds.  Dr. Kahn will be a major challenge as will Lady Gray.  The STF/MLTF is possible but it will test you more than any of the others.  I've heard of it being successfully solo'd but that was an extreme outlier and a fantastic build/player.  You'll need to have your strategy down and you'll need really good builds and synergy between both players.  I see the final battle with Lord Recluse and the Towers as the biggest problem; you'll need massive defense and resistance to survive his attention while you kill the Red Tower and Blue Tower.

The bottom line is your two characters, their AT's & power sets and how they work together.  Two high damage/durability melee characters works for most of them, a pair of really strong buff/debuff characters with good damage can work as well.  Ideally both characters have very good damage, good buffs and good debuffs.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler