Are Player Defenses too high

Player defenses and possible "fixes"  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Are Defenses (and resists) too High and should they be nerfed? (Multiple choice)

• Defenses are fine as they are.. my characters die plenty!
    • Defenses are too low.. My characters die too much!
    • Defenses are too high.. they should be nerfed
    • Defenses are too high.. enemy accuracy should be improved
    • Mobs are too easily killed/controlled/debuffed for defense to really matter

2 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

What ratio is there between npc foes that have -def and those that have -res?

I'm just asking because might that have a tiny little bit to do with the issue?

Way more -Def. I can probably think of most of the -Res mobs... I wouldn't even bother to try to think of the -Def ones since there are too many.

But it's also an interesting fact that -Def and -Res work differently from each other. A -20% Res debuff increases the damage that you take by 20%. A -20% Def debuff... increases the damage very differently if you started at 10, 30, or 50 Defense. And maybe, on the level of the mobs (at some point, the mobs will be at 95% to hit you, and further Defense debuffing will do nothing to you).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coyote said:

Way more -Def. I can probably think of most of the -Res mobs... I wouldn't even bother to try to think of the -Def ones since there are too many.

But it's also an interesting fact that -Def and -Res work differently from each other. A -20% Res debuff increases the damage that you take by 20%. A -20% Def debuff... increases the damage very differently if you started at 10, 30, or 50 Defense. And maybe, on the level of the mobs (at some point, the mobs will be at 95% to hit you, and further Defense debuffing will do nothing to you).

25% Defense and 50% Damage resistance would both reduce incoming damage about the same amount over an extended period of time.

One does so on a consistent basis, while the other would do so in spurts.

It doesn't surprise me that soft capping Defense would be easier than soft capping Resistance.

Since, it's a lot easier to have your Defense floored by fighting the right (or wrong) foes.

7 hours ago, tidge said:

I think of this thread everytime someone suggests that Tough and Weave be made inherent.

I think next time I hear someone suggest that any power pool set (or specific powers) be made inherent, I'll make a counter suggestion to have every power pool set (including the Epics) be made inherent.

Since that is what will inevitably be suggested. It'll just happen piecemeal over a longer period of time.

Why wait that long?

18 hours ago, tidge said:

I think of this thread everytime someone suggests that Tough and Weave be made inherent.

Lets just make the whole Fighting Pool Inherent. 

Oh and Hasten.  Everyone uses it almost.  

And Leadership.  All Leadership Powers.   Cause there's not enough leadership spam on teams.  Heroes are leaders!

Wait.  All travel Powers.  Why should we have to use a power pick for those? 

Oh and cake.  Free cake for everyone.  

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Lets just make the whole Fighting Pool Inherent. 

Oh and Hasten.  Everyone uses it almost.  

And Leadership.  All Leadership Powers.   Cause there's not enough leadership spam on teams.  Heroes are leaders!

Wait.  All travel Powers.  Why should we have to use a power pick for those? 

Oh and cake.  Free cake for everyone.  

You forgot to suggest a few other power pools sets to make inherent as well.

Good job though. 🙂

• Thanks 1