StJ Spinning Strike - Increase Radius?

I thought I was going crazy with Spinning Strike not affecting targets crowded around me. Why in the world does Spinning Strike have a 6 ft radius for the AoE when typical melee range for powers is 7 ft? The power even has a 7 ft range because it requires a target to be used.

Any chance we could get a radius increase for the AoE? Like, make it a 8 ft radius maybe? Would that be difficult to implement?

Actually, why don't we just make it a standard PBAoE with a 7 ft radius instead? A melee range Targeted AoE is just silly IMO, especially with how the animation looks.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Neo Nocturna

I really wish it had been a standard PBAOE; PBAOE’s really help during MSRs and Rikti invasions where tab targeting gets difficult. A PBAOE will auto target the first target it hits so you can then wail on that target.

As it stands I have to typically park my StJ scrapper for such events and go with one with a proper PBAOE.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aethereal said:

Note that it's 6' from the target that you hit, not a 6' radius around you.  It's a targeted AoE.

Well that explains a lot, though I feel silly for not thinking that it could've been a targeted AoE sooner. The animation for it makes it look like your standard PBAoE. In this case, maybe instead of increasing the radius we could just make it a standard PBAoE with 7 ft radius?

• Sad 1

I wouldn't change anything on StJ, but if they wanted to increase the radius a foot or two on Spinning Strike, I wouldn't be opposed.  No thank you on the PBAOE.  Sure, it'd be nice, because then I could just hit the button and have the nice animation go off when I'm just standing there, but I'd leave it targeted aoe.