Windfall not working

Blushield

Windows: Twice now I have gotten Windfall from a Lords of Winter Pack, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Looking at my influence gain both before and after using it, it's the same! Also it doesn't look like my drop rate for recipes is any larger than it was before I used it.

Alt: Everlasting server, Quillamina, running Terminator Fire Farm.
The first time I had 5 teammates, and they all reported getting the same influence as I did, which I thought was weird. The second time I ran the same fire farm alone.

Unfortunately, I didn't capture a screen shot.  I did write down the inf I was getting:

128164 - EB

64081 -Boss

20504 -Lt.

5979 -Minon

Then re-ran the test after Windfall expired and got exactly the same numbers. I couldn't really tell if the drop rate was higher.

I'll file this on the bug site.

Yes, Pretty sure Windfall only works on Street Fighting.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

I have the same problem outside of AE; I used Windfall in a mission in Unai Kemen's arc, at level 50, XP off, and there was no difference in influence gain.  I have no idea if the increased drop rate was working or not.

Blu,

After speaking with you, I had a Windfall drop, and decided to test it out.  You were absolutely right, there was no difference in XP at all,  I did however take screenshots before and after.  Maybe whatever mechanics were disabled for turning XP off are at play here.

I can corroborate with my experience with (single use of) Windfall (many months ago, before the changes to XP disabling). I noticed no appreciable change in the drop rates for Recipes, Salvage or Enhancements. The time I used Windfall, I was running Ouroboros Incarnate Content (Heather Townshend's Dark Astoria arc). Running it 'even level' (+0/x8, with or without incarnate shifts). The Experience and Inf is not something I pay attention to but when I went to vendor recipes I did not notice anything extraordinary that indicated I was getting a 'windfall'.

My experience with this arc is that with full x8 mobs and clearing every map, I will get a PVP or Very Rare recipe drop better than 50% of the time. I ran this arc twice (back-to-back) and got neither a PVP nor a Vary Rare. IIRC, I only got 1 rare salvage piece! The volume of recipes/drops/enhancements didn't change.

I've been saving Windfalls since then, so if a call goes out for tests, let me know.

Anecdotally, I can tell you that windfalls work - but they work in ways I can't explain rationally. 

Relevant info: Spines/Fire Brute, Drecks map, running at +4/8. When the windfall expired, I'd stop. 
Windfall 1: 4 purples in 11 minutes, plus an ungodly amount of large insps I used macros to combine into large reds. 14 uncommon recipes, 2 rares, 6 shards
Windfall 2: over 182 pieces of salvage in 30 minutes, with not so many insps, and more than a dozen shards. Only 3 uncommon recipes. 

Windfall 3: easily 3 dozen common IO recipes, a purple, and 7 rare salvage and 10 shards. 

I can''t recall my starting number of threads, so not really sure how many threads I got. I never bothered to check influence. I honestly wasn't aware it impacted inf. Or, if I was, I forgot. 

Just randomly working in my experience. 

• 4 months later