Non Tanker Has Questions since Tanker Changes

Gobbledygook

Hi all, as the title says, I'm a non tanker, well, I tried a Inv/Em riiiigght before the nerf bat murdered Em om live way back in the day, and a Fire/Fire tank before CoV was released.

I've never really gotten into tanks because there damage felt, well, anemic to me.

I've read through the changes that were made to tankers recently, and was wondering if someone could help break it down for me a little better. I'm just not a numbers person.

Melee damage modifier increased from 0.8 to 0.95,

Bruise has been removed in favour of a flat damage scale increase. Does it raise the base damage?

Buff modifiers increased to match Controller values. Is this for the epic pools?

Damage buff cap increased from 400% to 500%. Now this, I believe is the same damage cap for scrappers. But is it possible to reach this alone. Like with DM, SD, SS, and others that can boost their own damage?

I know the cap on the AoE and cones improves their AoE damage. 

So theoretically, I could make a highly survivable, very damaging Fire/Fire tank?

I come asking these questions because I want to understand, and also I have committed myself to starting a new toon in Praetoria. I was thinking with the changes to Tanks, I could make my new toon a tank.

Thank you Tanker peeps.

56 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Bruise has been removed in favour of a flat damage scale increase. Does it raise the base damage?

Yes, that's a 15% damage increase across the board on all melee attacks. Pretty much the only place you won't be seeing this level of damage mod is in the EPP attacks like Fireball and Electrifying Fences and certain primary and secondary sets that have a ranged attack here and there like /Spines' Impale and Throw Spines or Fire/ Burn: THAT BEING SAID, the ranged modifier has also been significantly been increased from 0.5 to 0.8 so those attacks actually got a 30% damage increase too.

It also takes away the archaic mechanic that you NEEDED to use your T1 attack to do any semblance of damage to a single target, now those damage boost are applied to all attacks.

Buff modifiers increased to match Controller values. Is this for the epic pools?

All buff values, epic pool, leadership etc.

Damage buff cap increased from 400% to 500%. Now this, I believe is the same damage cap for scrappers. But is it possible to reach this alone. Like with DM, SD, SS, and others that can boost their own damage?

Probably by eating a bunch of Red candies with a DM or SS Tanker.

Full target DM Soul Drain gives something like 150%, combined with the +dam from SD i think is another 60%-ish + Assault at 15% you get about 235% not counting any +damage% you might have from you set bonuses, lets say an easy 15% there so around 250% if you hit 10 targets with Soul Drain and 10 targets with Against All Odds means you're 5x 50% Red cookies away from cap !

So theoretically, I could make a highly survivable, very damaging Fire/Fire tank?

Very much so yes. So much so that outside of Fire Farms, I don't even see the point of playing a Brute.

Edited by Seigmoraig
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Yes, that's a 15% damage increase across the board on all melee attacks. Pretty much the only place you won't be seeing this level of damage mod is in the EPP attacks like Fireball and Electrifying Fences and certain primary and secondary sets that have a ranged attack here and there like /Spines' Impale and Throw Spines or Fire/ Burn: THAT BEING SAID, the ranged modifier has also been significantly been increased from 0.5 to 0.8 so those attacks actually got a 30% damage increase too.

It also takes away the archaic mechanic that you NEEDED to use your T1 attack to do any semblance of damage to a single target, now those damage boost are applied to all attacks.

All buff values, epic pool, leadership etc.

Probably by eating a bunch of Red candies with a DM or SS Tanker.

Full target DM Soul Drain gives something like 150%, combined with the +dam from SD i think is another 60%-ish + Assault at 15% you get about 235% not counting any +damage% you might have from you set bonuses, lets say an easy 15% there so around 250% if you hit 10 targets with Soul Drain and 10 targets with Against All Odds means you're 5x 50% Red cookies away from cap !

Very much so yes. So much so that outside of Fire Farms, I don't even see the point of playing a Brute.

I second this, Tanks are great. You could make a Fire/anything and it would be great AND tanky. Do it! 😎

First, a huge thank you to @Seigmoraig for the explanation. I hadn't even thought that the buffs would affect the values in the leadership pool. That is awesome!

I know it may have seemed easy to understand, but my brain doesn't always work right. To many TBI's, lol.

You're right @Camel, so many Alts/Avengers to make.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 7:41 PM, Gobbledygook said:

I've read through the changes that were made to tankers recently, and was wondering if someone could help break it down for me a little better. I'm just not a numbers person.

The increase in scalar means a .95/.8= 1.1875 so a 18.75% damage increase across all attacks in secondaries. That's quite noticeable. Bruising was a 20% resistance debuff attached to very likely your worst attack, and subject to the level scaling of debuffs, so less than 20% most of your time. It's a very solid increase in damage dealing 

This is for leadership pools. I find it most noticeable in taking assault which now gives you 15% damage bonus, which is pretty damned nice for having a damage scalar of .95. 

If you eat some red candy on top of having a SD/DM who's managed to get a get soul drain with a 10 enemy crowd around you, you can get there. I have that tank, and I can usually keep my damage bonus over 150%, which means a total ~350% damage value, so well short of this. 

Yes, it would be quite easy. 

I come asking these questions because I want to understand, and also I have committed myself to starting a new toon in Praetoria. I was thinking with the changes to Tanks, I could make my new toon a tank.

Thank you Tanker peeps.

If you're in Praetoria, you might want to consider an electric armor tank because iirc, the critters goldside do a heck of a lot of energy and psi damage plus a lot of endurance drain. Fire will be a bit weak to that. 

Thanks, @drbuzzardI appreciate the extra insight.

To be clear about Praetoria, the plan was for an Inv or WP paired up with DM. That was when I remembered the buffs for the tankers. I figured since they are easier to build for survival than their melee siblings, they would be the better choice, and with the buffs, I might actually enjoy playing them. Not saying they were bad before, just they they weren't my cup of tea.

As long as I have a cpl of you here, can anyone possibly explain the best place to put the ATO?

Or should I just study Bopper and Sir Myshkins' work more in depth. I've gone over it a lot in the last couple of days, but honestly, I've had so many TBIs, it's hard to focus on things like this.

Again, thank you all for your time.

2 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Thanks, @drbuzzardI appreciate the extra insight.

To be clear about Praetoria, the plan was for an Inv or WP paired up with DM. That was when I remembered the buffs for the tankers. I figured since they are easier to build for survival than their melee siblings, they would be the better choice, and with the buffs, I might actually enjoy playing them. Not saying they were bad before, just they they weren't my cup of tea.

As long as I have a cpl of you here, can anyone possibly explain the best place to put the ATO?

Or should I just study Bopper and Sir Myshkins' work more in depth. I've gone over it a lot in the last couple of days, but honestly, I've had so many TBIs, it's hard to focus on things like this.

Again, thank you all for your time.

When tweaking my Fire Tankers build, I had the most success with slotting the +res proc in Blazing Aura as well as 5 Superior Avalanche IOs. This mitigates damage by occasionally making entire mobs flop to their feet, but also guarantees having 1 stack of the +res proc at all times, but you’ll have 2 more often than not and sometimes even 3 if you are always surrounded by mobs. It depends on the build. Sometimes it’s better to put the full set of both ATO sets when needing max Smash/Lethal resist. Oftentimes, you can get to 90% Smash/Lethal resist without needing that set bonus, thus wasting a slot. If you are making a Fire Tank though, definitely recommend the above slotting. Then 5 slot the Gauntleted Fist set into a power you have before (or after if you don’t exemplar much) level 20 making sure to slot the absorb proc. I love taking my full IO, full accolade build Tanks through low level TFs, so I made sure to have both the absorb and resist proc available before level 20.

edit: In a nutshell:

1. Slot the +res proc in a toggle damage aura when available. They stack just as frequently as it would in an attack you spam, with the added benefit of it being on auto-pilot. 

2. 6 slot both ATO sets into the powers of your choosing on builds that need that extra 12% Smash/Lethal resist to get close or to 90%

3. 5 slot both ATO sets in the powers of your choosing, then place the procs into the power/powers of your choosing. This is for builds that can easily reach 90% Smash/Lethal. Oftentimes I will place both procs into one power I spam in my rotation, along with 4 more IOs from whichever ATO set I choose.

Edited by Camel
  • Thanks 2

I agree that the +res proc is well placed in a damage aura so you have it going off all the time. Given proc mechanics, you want it in something which has a long recharge time so it pops more reliably. 

Thus if you don't have a damage aura, I'd go with whatever attacks have the longest recharges. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

I agree that the +res proc is well placed in a damage aura so you have it going off all the time. Given proc mechanics, you want it in something which has a long recharge time so it pops more reliably. 

Thus if you don't have a damage aura, I'd go with whatever attacks have the longest recharges. 

True, but keep in mind that the stacks have a duration. So there is a sweet spot. You wouldn’t want the +res proc in Soul Drain, for example, as you would get very limited use out of the procs there. You’ll find the best results making sure they are in powers that you frequently cycle through. Haymaker and Bonesmasher being some of the perfect power choices since they’ll most likely be vital in your attack chain.

Yeah, you  are correct. Too long and it won't do you much good.  I tend to put them into my PBAOEs which tend to have longer (I don't consider Soul Drain a PBAOE even if it technically is, but I think of it more like build up), but not too long timers. 

5 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Hmm, with everything recharging so fast in DM, is any attack a worthwhile choice? MG maybe?

What is your attack chain, considering only the powers that could slot the ATO? Also, what secondary?

Edited by Camel
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 9:41 PM, Gobbledygook said:

I've never really gotten into tanks because there damage felt, well, anemic to me.

If you're tanking for damage, please don't play a tank. Unless you plan to only solo. Not saying tanks can't do damage, they most certainly can. But, your role as a tanker is shepherd, not wolf. If you are going to play your tanker as a scrapper, just go build a Scrapper. This type of attitude just ends up with dead and annoyed teammates. We already have enough bad tanks giving us a bad name.

Actually haven't worked on a build yet. Been trying to wrap my head around the Tank buffs, the DM changes and learning about procs.

I will be building a WP/DM though. So I know that SL, MG, and Gloom will be in the attack chain, as I remember from my last DM toon that they were part of the attack chain I used to solo AV's.

Of course I'll need Soul Drain, and I want Shadow Maul and Dark Oblit for some AoE in the build, but I haven't gotten farther than that. I just downloaded the "Bleeding Edge" Mids Reborn last night.

1 minute ago, VV said:

If you're tanking for damage, please don't play a tank. Unless you plan to only solo. Not saying tanks can't do damage, they most certainly can. But, your role as a tanker is shepherd, not wolf. If you are going to play your tanker as a scrapper, just go build a Scrapper. This type of attitude just ends up with dead and annoyed teammates. We already have enough bad tanks giving us a bad name.

No, I'm not tanking for damage. As I said, I could never play a tank because their damage felt anemic. I get, and use taunt, on my Brutes. If I'm on a team as a Scrapper and a teammates health gets to half, I drop my target, and kill whatever is attacking.

I'm what other Scrappers refer to as a "domesticated scrapper". 

I'm just interested in tanks now because of the buffs. Because I do solo quite a bit. So now I can do actual damage with a walking wall of steel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Actually haven't worked on a build yet. Been trying to wrap my head around the Tank buffs, the DM changes and learning about procs.

I will be building a WP/DM though. So I know that SL, MG, and Gloom will be in the attack chain, as I remember from my last DM toon that they were part of the attack chain I used to solo AV's.

Of course I'll need Soul Drain, and I want Shadow Maul and Dark Oblit for some AoE in the build, but I haven't gotten farther than that. I just downloaded the "Bleeding Edge" Mids Reborn last night.

DM is tricky, because we get Gloom from the Soul Epic, Shadow Punch just becomes obsolete. More so than other T1s. Which is a shame because it’s not a bad spot to place them if you do use your T1 in the rotation. Siphon Life would be a good alternative. Since you are Willpower and already self contained as a set, you could forgo the healing aspect of Siphon Life and slot an ATO set there. The +resistance ATO set wouldn’t be bad here since you would be spamming it and getting the stacks you want, you could even put both procs in here, considering the absorb as more ‘heal’. The +absorb ATO set could also go in Shadow Maul. You’d have access to both procs while exemplaring this way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gobbledygook said:

Here is what my DM tank looks like, granted it's a Dark Armor guy but I like to use Fireball in my rotation is get that extra AoE attack and I also don't use Shadow Punch at all. Fireball and Shadow Maul for aoe attacks and Siphon Life, Midnight Grasp and Smite for ST attacks

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Pyre Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(5)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(7), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 2: Smite -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 4: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-ResDam(43)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(15), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam(17), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 8: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(21)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(36), StdPrt-ResKB(43)
Level 12: Dark Regeneration -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Absorb%(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(23), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-Heal(42)
Level 14: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(27), Krm-ResKB(27)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), TchoftheN-%Dam(33)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(42)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(34), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(34), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), ImpSki-Status(46)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46)
Level 30: Taunt -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Soul Transfer -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(37), MckBrt-Rchg(33), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(37)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Char -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 47: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Knock%(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
------------

18 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Here is what my DM tank looks like, granted it's a Dark Armor guy but I like to use Fireball in my rotation is get that extra AoE attack and I also don't use Shadow Punch at all. Fireball and Shadow Maul for aoe attacks and Siphon Life, Midnight Grasp and Smite for ST attacks

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Dark Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Pyre Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Death Shroud -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(5)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(7), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 2: Smite -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 4: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-ResDam(43)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(15), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(15), Ags-ResDam(17), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 8: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(21)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(36), StdPrt-ResKB(43)
Level 12: Dark Regeneration -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Absorb%(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(23), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-Heal(42)
Level 14: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(27), Krm-ResKB(27)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), TchoftheN-%Dam(33)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(42)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(34), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(34), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), ImpSki-Status(46)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Rchg(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(36), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46)
Level 30: Taunt -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Soul Transfer -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(37), MckBrt-Rchg(33), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(37)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Char -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 47: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Knock%(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40)
------------

Thx for the build to look over.

I'll check it out once I get home.

2 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Hmm, with everything recharging so fast in DM, is any attack a worthwhile choice? MG maybe?

I just did smite and shadow maul, and don't really count on the procs since the recharges are so short. They are both in my attack chain, so the procs will pop eventually. 

• Thanks 1

Finally got the chance to look at the build. Definitely interesting. Might switch to Dark/Dark/Soul.

I was going to base this toon loosely off of the Darkness (Jackie Estecado) from Image comics anyway. Just look at the Bio Organic costume and tell me it wasn't meant to be used for that?

And you're right Doc. I've been thinking of the ATO procs like damage procs, maybe to much so.

Seigmorag, I'm just gonna, um, borrow your build, but I'll be swapping out Pyre Mastery for Soul Mastery. That gives me Darkest Night for -Dmg and -to hit, Soul Tentacles for another cone and a -res proc, and Dark Oblit, which I know is weaker than Fireball, but it stays in line with the character concept.

Edited by Gobbledygook
Because I'm nice enough to tell someone when I'm robbing them.

10 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Seigmorag, I'm just gonna, um, borrow your build, but I'll be swapping out Pyre Mastery for Soul Mastery. That gives me Darkest Night for -Dmg and -to hit, Soul Tentacles for another cone and a -res proc, and Dark Oblit, which I know is weaker than Fireball, but it stays in line with the character concept.

Hope you like the build !
The reason I went with Pyre over Soul other than Fireball hits the hardest was because figured out of the 1 slot wonder powers Melt Armor would do the most work, it has a decent radius and the debuffs it gives, while not super big will help out the whole team kill the enemies faster.

Darkest Night is another massive end drain power on top of a set that is already end heavy, though it might still be OK to run it in bursts but it's definitely a nice power for the times when you are fighting stuff that falls into the places where the set is not def capped.
As for Soul Tentacles, I don't think you are going to get much mileage out of it unless you modify the build pretty extensively to get it to be 6 slotted. I really don't think it's going to pull much weight as an extra attack if it's only 1 slotted. One way to do this, if you plan on only playing at level 50 would be to strip Shadow Punch and move it here. But if you play on exemplaring at all I would advise against this.

I also thought it wasn't very concept to have a dark/dark guy shooting fireballs so I colored the Fireball and the Melt Armor animations black XD

Edited by Seigmoraig
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, VV said:

Playing a tank for damage != Having fun playing a tank because you do a semblance of damage

• Like 1